"A man who's got tons of freedom."

"Freedom? Uh, yeah..."

I'm a literal god here now, you know? Speaking about gods, I now suddenly remembered something from the stories I've read. These types of worlds have gods in them for sure. I mean--portals, monsters, artifacts, it's literally showing that they exist! 

Does this world have that "gaming system" I'm currently thinking about? If it does, then I'd love to get my hands on it. Why not make myself more overpowered than I already am?

"So, what are you gonna do?" The citizen asked me.

"Hm, I guess I'll explore this country first and get familiar with the surroundings before I tamper with the important shit. Now, let's talk about what kind of scenarios that might happen here."

"I'm quite a huge nerd in this genre, so I probably know all of the tropes that come out of stories like this."

"So this is how the plot might go here: In the future, a cataclysmic disaster will happen and the main character has to prevent it. How the hell did he know? Well, it's either from reincarnation, or regression. He's gonna rise up through the ranks like a goddamn rocket and battle the gods or something to defy his destiny and save everyone he knows."

"Well, that's just one scenario out of many. I'm not gonna talk about the others because I'm too lazy to do so."

I now walk back to my seat at the other side of the table and rested. Taking a look around, I've realized we need a better shelter, because we're set up in a shithole right now.

Under a bridge, in a goddamn highway.

*truck_horn.sfx*

"I've been building bases under hidden locations in Gmod countless times for the sake of immersion. Actually living in these feels really fucking depressing."

"Hey citizen--wait, I should name you. What's your name?"

The man tried to answer. "My name? Oh, uh... I--I somehow..."

A pause of silence engulfed our surroundings for a few moments.

I sighed. "Never mind, the game maybe just didn't even bother giving you a name because it was pointless. From now on, you'll be... Dave."

"I'll think about a surname later."

* * *

<-Ping->

[05:12:01 AM]

* * *

Numerous vehicles zoomed past me on the highway. Currently, I'm investigating the local car culture here. So far, I've observed numerous small, fuel-efficient vehicles whizz by, along with the occasional cargo trucks transporting valuable stuff.

Man, these cars look so cheap--yet so futuristic. How'd they do it? How much is one of 'em in Yen? Excited to get my hands on one, I prepared my voice and muttered the keywords.

...

[-"Stutter"-]

Time itself, now paused. Everything around me came to a sudden stop. Strange particle effects now began to emerge from the ground where I currently stand. No worries, this is part of the addon. It's just a visual effect.

I walked on the highway and pulled out the Toolgun that's shoved into my right pocket. I really need a goddamn holster for this.

Opening up the menu, I set the tool option to duplicate stuff. I aimed the gun at the nearby frozen hatchback and fired.

[-phang-]

I now went to the [Dupes] tab to save the car for the future. I clicked on the button that saves it, and now, a picture of the car appeared in one of the blue empty boxes. I then went back to my original position and looked at the highway.

...

[-"Stutter"-]

Time now continued as normal. The frozen cars in front of me now roared past by, heading to their destinations. I went back under the bridge to meet up with Dave.

Taking the corner as I walked down the steep path, I saw him playing around with the soccer ball I've spawned for him earlier to pass time. I've got to say, he's pretty good at it.

"Did you play soccer while you were at the city?" I asked.

"Nope, never did," he replied, confusing me. "I just played right now and I somehow got it."

"Oh, that's weird." 

Is it related to him being an NPC or something? I'm gonna test that later on.

"Alright, I've done some scouting outside, and it seems like we're far from any town or city. I've got a car on my hands, so transport's not a problem."

"Wait, you have a--never mind. I should've expected that," Dave shook his head.

* * *

<-Ping->

[05:40:29 AM]

* * *

"One thing, I don't know why. It doesn't even matter how hard you try--"

We're now riding on the highway in the blue hatchback car I've saved in the [Dupes] tab. I'm gonna have to change the saved car dupe though, because there's... an issue with it.

"--keep that in mind I designed this rhyme to explain in due time."

"~All I know~"

Didn't also expect that Dave could drive. Can all of the NPCs in the spawn menu do anything like him? I wonder if I can command Elites to do house chores or something.

"Time is a valuable thing, watch it fly by as the pendulum swings."

"Watch it count down to the end of the day, the clock ticks life away--"

"~It's so unreal~"

As I looked out of the window in the passenger seat, I began to notice the steady increase of concrete structures beside the highway, suggesting we're getting near something urban.

At the front, Dave saw an overhead sign with city names and their distances.

[Shizuoka 24km]
[Fuji 58km]
[Yokohama 143km]

"Man, I can't believe I'm really here," he remarked, but his moment of happiness was suddenly cut off by--

"DIDN'T look out below, watch the time go right out the window."

"Trying to hold on, I didn't even know I wasted it all just to--"

"~Watch you go--"

"--I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart."

"What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time--"

"WHEN I TRIED SO HARD, AND GOT SO FAAAAAAAR--"

"BUT IN THE END, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER!"

Dave just stared at the road with a straight face, thinking twice about swerving the car left and right to startle the guy singing in the passenger seat.

Which was me, if you're wondering.

Obviously... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Addons Downloaded]:

"[MP3 Radio]" Garry's Mod Music Player