thirty-nine

-

-

Daella sat in the carriage behind her husband. She felt sadness as they made their way toward the castle.

She shared the carriage with Aemond along with Helaena. They both were silent for different reasons.

Looking out of the window, she only hoped her children were safe.

She jerked forward as the carriage came to a stop. She smiled at Helaena, letting her out first as she soon followed.

"I wish to see my children." She whispered, walking toward Alicent. The Dowager Queen looks at her before nodding.

"But you must come to me after." Daella nods before hurrying into the castle.

She made her way up the steps toward her children's chambers. She opened the doors to see Gyda on the floor with her children.

"Where is Annalie?" She asked, but Gyda shook her head. "I demand you to tell me." She said, making Gyda stand.

"She is now with the Dowager Queen. She is no longer your maid." Gyda tells her, making Daella frown.

"They know... of your plan," Gyda whispers, making Daellas eyes widen.

The days prior, Daella stood in her room by her window. "You can not," Annalie explains, trying to reason.

"I will return to my family. They can not stop me." Daella tells her, turning to her maid.

"Aemond has Vhagar. They will surely send him after you, princess." Annalie tells her as Daella sighs.

"Gaelithox is quick. He could outfly Vhagar." Daella explains as she walks toward Annalie. She places her hands on Annalies forearms.

"I know my children will be safe with my mother. They are not safe amongst the foe." She tells her as Annalie gives in.

"I will speak to the dragon keepers," Annalie tells her, making Daella smile.

"But the guards will fear Gaelithox. They will not stop me." She tells Gyda, who shakes her head.

"Get them ready. Then meet me in the passageway." Daella tells her now only maid. Gyda sighs before bowing her head and going toward the closet.

As she exits, there stands Otto. "We expect you in the throne room." Daella smiles, nodding her head at him.

"I wish to change from my dress if you allow." She tells him with authority in her voice. "If you wish, my Queen." He said sarcastically.

She walked past him and toward her chambers. "Where are you going?" Helaena asks as Daella enters her room.

"I am going to my mother, and they can not stop me from keeping my children safe." She explains to Helaena, who walks toward her.

"If you wish to join us, go through there." She whispered while pointing to the walls that lead to the passageway.

"But if you choose not to, I will not love you less, my Helaena," Daella tells her, placing a hand on Helaenas cheek.

"But I must go." She says, making her way to her closet and grabbing her cloak. She looked at Helaena one last time before pushing through the wall.

She closed it gently behind her before hurrying toward the steps. She smiled, seeing her children wearing the cloaks they had been gifted from Prince Daemon on their third nameday.

Gyda then helped her now Queen strap Vaegon to her chest. "I will find a way to bring you to Dragonstone, I promise." Daella says making Gyda smile.

"If it will be safe." She smiled to Daella. But then they heard footsteps head toward them. "You must return." She whispered to Gyda who nodded and quickly left.

Daella held her children behind her as the person showed themselves. Helaena stood there wearing a cloak from Daellas closet, it was gifted from Lord Corlys.

"I wish to join you." Helaena whispered timidly. Daella smiled with a nod as Aemma hurried over and took Helaenas hand.

They went down the steps and out into the city. The small folk were speaking of the dragon as they passed through.

They kept together as they made their way through the streets. But as they reached the dragonpit there were multiple guards.

She smiled seeing her own guard motion her to hurry down the steps. She bowed her head to him and they rushed down the steps.

As they stop there are two dragons along with two small ones. They both have saddles on making her smile.

"I believed you wouldn't come. But Annalie told me to have Dreamfyre ready." The Dragon keeper tells her with a smile.

"You should hurry." He told them helping the children and Helaena onto Dreamfrye.

The guards had been alerted as the two small dragons rose from the floorboards. The dragons were bigger than any man and most feared them.

Helaena held the children close as she looked toward Daella who nodded at her. Then Dreamfyre flew through the floorboards.

"Thank you. This will never be forgotten." She gave a last smile before descending into the sky. She soon joined Dreamfyre on the journey to Dragonstone.

-