nine

-

-

Later in the day, a maid brought them their supper. She sat at her table next to her window as they ate. "I had another dream," Helaena whispered, making Daella look at her.

She put her fork down as she leaned closer, "What about?" She asked curiously as she watched the girl fidgeting with her hands.

"It was two flowers. They grew and grew, but one died as the other kept growing." Helaena told her before her eyes flickered up at Daella. "What do you think it means?"

"I don't know. I can't decipher it?" Helaena told her before Daella smiled comfortingly. "Maybe that flower was meant to grow in another season. Some flowers have been known to grow even out of their season." Daella tried assuring Helaena.

"Mayhaps. But it gave me an uneasy feeling." Daella frowned as she held her hand out over the short table. Helaena took the hint and took Daella's hand. "It is fine. I promise. It couldn't mean anything bad."

Helaena nodded her head, but a cold chill went through her. Their hands parted as the door to the room opened. "I was seeing where Helaena was spending dinner." The Queen said as she stood before them.

"Why don't you join your brothers." The Queen said, aimed at Helaena, who glanced at Daella. "Could she come with me?" Helaena asked, but the Queen frowned, shaking her head.

"Not tonight. It is late. We all must rest." The Queen told her as Daella's maid walked in. "Clear the table. It is lights out." The Queen tells Annalie, who nods before clearing the table.

Helaena stands from her seat and offers Daella a soft smile before leaving. "Have a nice slumber, Princess," Alicent tells her with a faint smile as she leaves the door.

As Annalie finished clearing the table, she stood by the door. "Good night, Princess." Daella smiled at her as she watched the lady leave.

As the doors closed, she realized she was alone for the first time in her life. She didn't have the comfort of her mother or brothers. She stood and made her way closer to the window.

As she looked out at King's Landing, she felt her eyes water. She closed her eyes as she silently cried. She felt her legs give out, and she sunk to the ground.

"Mother." She whispered to herself as she pulled herself into the fetal position. Her door opened, but she stayed in her position. "Princess?"

Her maid, Annalie, found her on the floor and hurried over. She picked the girl up and cradled her. "It is okay, Princess. Your family will visit."

Her attempts at assuring her had worked only slightly as she had stopped crying. "Let's get you into bed," Annalie said, helping the girl to her feet.

Daella lay on her bed as her maid covered her with blankets. "Will you stay until I'm asleep?" She asked softly, grabbing Annalie's hand.

"Of course, princess. I am always here." Annalie told her with a soft smile. She watched Annalie grab a chair and bring it to the bedside.

"Get some sleep." She told Daella, who held her hand out. Annalie took the young girl's hand and watched over her.

In those moments, Daella felt safe and calm. She quickly fell asleep with the comfort of knowing Annalie was there.

-