Chapter 0: Part 7 - Healing

Start from the beginning

Kayden stands up and takes a hold of Reyna.

Kayden: "Rory. Get Amina." He looks at Mell. "Are there any beds upstairs?"
Mell: "Yeah, there's a room right next to the stairs."
Kayden: "Up we go then."

As he lifts Reyna from the floor to carry her, her back slightly pushes the splinter further into his arm, "GAH!!" He yells.

Mell: "Kay!! Put her down! You're hurting yourself."
Kayden: "It's fine." He pants. "I just have to carry her upstairs. Go on ahead and prepare the beds."

Mell falters, doing as Kayden says.
Both him and Rory then carry their unconscious companions up the stairs and into the room on the left, which has a desk covered in books and old notes below the window, right across the room.
Billy follows behind them, constantly looking over his shoulder at the front-door.
Rory lays Amina down on the right side of the room, closer to the door, and Kayden lays Reyna on the bed to the left. After glancing at her and checking if she's in a comfortable position, he turns around and trips before reaching the door, getting caught mid-air by Rory, who was just close enough to him.

Rory: "Woah!!! You okay man??" He asks, getting a dazed stare back from Kayden.
Kayden: "Yeah... I just need to.. Get this splinter out.. my arm.. and rest..." His eyes losing consciousness, as blood keeps dripping from his forearm.
Rory: "Hey! Kayden!!" He taps him on the face a few times. "Snap out of it!" No reaction. He's out as well. "Shit! How the fuck are we supposed to go on an expedition if you guys keep dropping like flies??"

Mell: "Says the guy that stared at the ceiling in shock for fucking ages!" She jabs, while lying down next to Amina.
Rory: "Oh please Mell! Don't act like we didn't see the same thing!!"
Mell: "Pff." She holds Amina closer to her.

He looks up at her, then stares at the door, where he spots Billy sitting at the top of the stairs, still watching the entrance to the house.
Realizing the state everyone is in leaves him no other choice.

Rory: "Damnit."

He takes off his jacket and folds it to make a headrest for Kayden. He then rips a part of his own shirt and ties it around his friend's upper arm, in order to hinder the blood flow. He rips another piece and folds it into Kayden's mouth.

Rory: "Sorry brother. This is gonna hurt."
He grabs the piece of wood in his friend's forearm and rips it out completely

Kayden: "GAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHH!!! PHHUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!"
Mell: "HOLY SHIT RORY WHAT THE HELL??"
Rory: "It's fine!! Don't worry!"

He quickly takes the remaining of his shirt and tightly wraps it around Kayden's wound, so the blood clogs it up. His friend squirms and huffs in pain, looking at his arm being patched up.
Luckily enough, the splinter wasn't too thick, and it didn't seem to hit any vital points in his arm. That's the only reason why Rory did something like this.

Rory: "I know man. I bet it hurts like a bitch." They both scoff. Kayden trying to control his breathing.
Kayden: "Beleiwbe mee... ith phucking dhoes..."

Mell: "Guys! Amina's eyes look weird."
Rory: "Huh?? What do you mean?"
Mell: "I don't know, they look different."

Rory taps Kayden on the shoulder, and he responds with a nod.
He makes his way over to Mell and spreads Amina's eyelids open.

Rory: "What the hell?? It looks like she took meth or something."
Mell: "Could the eardrums be popped?" She asks as Rory steps over to Reyna.
Rory: "I don't think so."