CHAPTER 5 WATERPARK

Dakota woke up in bed the next morning, confused for a moment. She then realized Brian must have carried her. She stood up, grabbed her overnight bag and went to the bathroom. She set the bag on the cabinet then started the shower.

As the warm water got rid of yesterday's pond water, she let her mind wonder. How long had it been since she'd had that much fun...

...And Brian was the reason.

Dakota got out and dried off. She grabbed the change of clothes and put them on, then headed downstairs.

Katie was downstairs, almost bouncing in her seat. Brian sat not far from her, smiling.

"Come on Katie; quick trip home, then we'll be back." Dakota said.

Katie dated to the car.

"See you, Brian." Dakota said, hugging him around the shoulders.

***

Just as promised, Dakota and Katie were back in around 30 minutes.

"Ready for the waterpark?" Dakota asked Katie.

Katie squealed and jumped up and down. Dom, Mia, Letty, and Vince came out. Brian appeared a minute later.

The drive was quiet, except for slight small talk.

Katie was up and out of the car by the time Dom parked. Everyone followed behind her to the entrance.

Katie was the first one in the pool, followed by Dom, Mia, and Letty. Vince and Brian followed. Dakota came out of the changing room. A simple black bikini was what she wore. Brian's eyes widened.

Dakota was stunning.

She slipped into the water with ease.

"Might want to put your tongue back in your mouth." Vince said.

"Huh?" Brian replied.

Vince laughed. "You're losing it, O'Conner!"

"Brian!" Katie called, swimming over to them. "Come swim with me."

"I'm a little busy, see if Vince can." Brian replied.

Vince gave him a dirty look but left with Katie.

"What's wrong?" Brian looked to see Dakota.

"What do you mean?"

"Katie wants to spend time with you. She was really excited when she found out you were coming too."

Brian said nothing.

"She's never had a father-I never had anyone live with me except for Amber and Jayce and they've moved out now. She may not know you're her father, but you do know."

Brian looked at her, pressing a small kiss to her forehead. "I'll do my best."

Dakota nodded. "That's all I ask. From the way you put it, it would seem that I was asking you to commit murder."

They both laughed before going to find Katie and Vince.

***

"I'll see you guys tomorrow, it's abut time I go back home." Dakota said.

"You'll be back, right?" Mia asked.

Dakota nodded. "Tomorrow around noon sometime."

Mia nodded.

With final hugs, Dakota and Katie headed home for the night.