CHAPTER 3 OVERNIGHT

"Here, I thought you might want something to sleep in."

Dakota turned to see Brian holding up a black shirt-his black shirt. The one she used to sleep in all the time-even before they got together, she had even wore it if she was mad at him.

Brian laid the shirt on Dakota's bed. "It's here if you want it." He left.

Dakota picked up the shirt. "Brian..."

***

"You know she won't stay," Vince said.

Brian said nothing, only looked at a photo he was holding.

"Damnit Brian! Move on-we all have-except for you."

"Enough Vince," Dom said.

Vince huffed and left.

"We both know Dakota isn't going to stay after tonight. It's a simple fact. I'm not telling you give up hope. I'm telling you to fight for what you want." Don said as he left for bed.

Brian gave a small nod.

"You're family Brian, so is she. Nothing will ever change that."

Dom left and walked to Katie's room, finding the little girl fast asleep curled up in her blanket. He then went and checked on Dakota, who was much the same, curled up in Brian's shirt. Dom put a blanket over her and left.

He looked back at he shut the door. Dakota Holder, a girl who had stole his heart and fought until the very end.