Two pasts

𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗿, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗵𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗺'𝘀 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗱,
𝗷𝘂𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘆𝗲-𝗲𝘆𝗲-𝗲𝘆𝗲.

Tian Xing remembered the fact that Xue Yang was now a Jiang sect disciple and it still shocked her.

To think such a person could join the Jiang sect.

_______________________

Few months before the war.....

Tian Xing wandered around in Yi City, looking for a bratty teenager in simple clothes.

Yes, she was looking for none other than Xue Yang, courtesy name Chengmei.

There was also the case of A-Qing. She needed some serious fixing in her mindset.

Tian Xing sighed. How was she even going to accomplish this? Then there was the case of the Chang clan, along with Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan, courtesy name ZiChen.

But first things first, she had to stop Xue Yang from murdering the whole Chang clan because he got hit by a wagon and lost one of his pinky.

It honestly made her a bit annoyed at him, because why would you kill an entire set of innocent people for something only one person did?

That was against every moral in the world. She knew that he had a twisted past, but incidents still don't justify wrongs done by people with intentions of it.

Which is one of the reason she never excused Jiang Cheng's actions or Jin GuangYao's actions from the original novel. They had reasons, sure, but that could NEVER justify their horrible actions, the one thing they needed to have was redemption. The world is not just black and white. And the grey part is a difficult area. But things that were unexplained and unsaid left too much of an impact on their generation of the cultivation world, which was something Tian Xing tried to fix in this case.

Mistakes and wrongs are done. But it's just plain awful when one doesn't repent and redeem oneself. That just proves that the person doesn't regret doing the absolutely wrong deeds.

Su She was a character in the Mo dao zu shi who cursed Jin ZiXun just because he looked down upon Su She? That's the worst level of stupidity one could have.

Peace and love can not always be achieved among everyone, but what was the need to create unnecessary beef instead of proving himself worthy?

He even thought he could compare to Lan WangJi. What a joke.

Tian Xing stopped her inner monologue on why things had gotten wrong in the first place and returned to the situation in her hand, as she saw the young man in black and grey robes steal, no, rob from a shop of candies.

Xue Yang was just about to upturn the whole shop when a hand gripped is wrist.

The hand was unbelievably strong and it belonged to a woman.

Xue Yang looked with annoyance to see who stopped him. And he looked at a lady who appeared to be in his early twenties at most. She could be at his age as well. What stood out to him were her neon eyes and multicoloured robes. There were a variety of colours on her robes, which in other cases would contradict each other, but looked good on her.

The shopkeeper was staring at her with awe and gratitude.

The woman raised an eyebrow and spoke, "You want candy?"