Same old, same old

𝓞𝓱 𝓷𝓸𝔀, 𝓘 𝓪𝓶 𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓪𝓲𝓷.
𝓜𝓸𝓭𝓮𝓾𝓷 𝓰𝓮𝓸𝓵𝓫𝓮𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓷 𝓴𝓴𝓾𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓮𝓵 𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓸𝓻𝓸𝓮𝓶.

Wei WuXian was stunned to say the least, so was Jiang Cheng.

Wei WuXian also came forward and asked Tian Xing, "Lady Tian, where exactly did you learn that style of sword form? That is not from any known gentry sects. Well, not that I know of. Is it a new or a secret style?"

Tian Xing couldn't really tell that it was from another dimension. The sword forms taught to her were of the world she came from. Not the cultivation world.

Needless to say it was new to them, especially as they were only from China and they hadn't really travelled that much around the whole world yet.

The cultivation world was not limited to them only. But the cultivators in China were definitely the most developed and well known.

She obviously tried to escape that question but many other disciples asked her that same question.

Where exactly did she learn this style?

Tian Xing sighed, "It's not a specific style to be honest. It's a combination of many styles."

It was not too far from the truth.

Wei WuXian asked, "So it's not really from a specific place or sect but a combination of various sect styles? Isn't that bad for cultivators? If one does not follow a correct and coherent style when a cultivator reaches a higher level of cultivation, it can make them reach a dead end. Because one style can contradict another style in a terrible way, making it less effective."

Tian Xing did have a response to that, "Yes, but that is if and only if, the styles are contradictory. The combination I used is not. They instead compliment each other. I think you saw it yourself."

Wei WuXian nodded his head, "True. I suppose it's not always bad."

Jiang Cheng then said, "Well if you are training here and kicking ass I suppose you are fine now."

Tian Xing got a bit embarrassed at that, "Yes, yes I am. I thank the Young Masters for giving me accommodation and hospitality."

All of sudden she realised something.

How would she earn money? It's not like she was an idol here. And there was not many other things she could do other than what she did in her past life as one.

Wei WuXian noticed the complicated expression on her face and called, "Lady Tian?"

Tian Xing then frowned, "Yes?"
"What's wrong?"
"Ahhh just that, I don't know where to go or what to do after I leave from here." she scratched her head awkwardly.

There was a pregnant pause.

"You don't know where you came from?"
"I am rough cultivator. And I really don't have any money with me right now so I truly have no idea. I have amnesia so I don't know where I came from either."

Tian Xing then bowed, "It's alright. I'll find a way."

Wei WuXian didn't want a lady to roam around without any job. So he offered, "Maybe take some money from here?"

Tian Xing felt sour in her tongue.

"How? I can't take free money now can I? The Jiang Sect has already given me treatment."

Jiang Cheng face palmed. He didn't expect Wei WuXian to offer money to a complete stranger.

"Well do you want me to do anything for you?" Tian Xing offered.

"Can you teach us some of those forms you did?"

Tian Xing pondered. It would be nice to do so. But she wondered if it would contradict their style.

"I can. However, to do that I need to see your sword styles. If I do, then I can see which forms I know can blend in with the Jiang style."

Thw disciples agreed. Wei WuXian and Jiang Cheng demonstrated a few of the Jiang sword forms.

Tian Xing noticed how their main force was speed and agility. Fierce was their style. They usually attacked head on and took the offensive side.

Tian Xing at the end decided which forms would suit them.

The morning hours passed that way and it was a good training session.

Unfortunately it had to come to an end soon.

Yu ZiYuan was coming to the training grounds and see the conditions of the disciples.

Tian Xing hurriedly went away and told the disciples to start their regular normal training.

She went to the infirmary and started meditating.

The day went smoothly after that.

At afternoon she saw Wei WuXian by the side of the Lotus ponds. She went to sit beside him.

"What are you thinking of Young Master Wei?"
"Ah nothing. Just about my time in Cloud Recesses."

Tian Xing froze.
'So they already have attended the sessions there.'

"What about it? I heard the GusuLan clan is full of rules."
"You bet it is! There more than 3000 rules in there. Can you believe it? Geez, I would suffocate if I follow them all."
"You seem like you don't like the place. Why think about it?"
"Oh there is this one person in there who I found super interesting."

Tian Xing already knew the answer.
'Same old, same old. He still blabbers about him, early or not.'

"Who is it?"
"Lan Zhan."
"Lan Zhan? As in the Second Young Master of the Lan clan, Lan WangJi?"
"Yes yes, him."
"How do you find him interesting? I always heard that he is a sticker for rules and stoic."
"He is! But that's what makes him so interesting. He is perfect in every way. Handsome, strong, intelligent, diligent, distant and cold. His face is always expressionless. I seriously want to see how he looks like having an expression. Well, I have seen him angry and frustrated. I want to see him smile tho. Haven't seen that expression on his face yet. He is just so hard to crack." Wei WuXian pouted as he blabbered.

Tian Xing had a really hard time stopping her laugh.
'Damn he totally has a crush on WangJi.'
"No offence, but you sound like you like him."
"Yes I do. Of course I like him and admire him."
Tian Xing snorted, "No not that kind of like. I meant romantically."

Wei WuXian looked at her like she had grown another head and Tian Xing burst out laughing.

"Hahahahahahahahhaha you should see your face!"
As if on queue it turned the colour of his ribbon in an instant, "I- I don't like him that way. Shut up! Stop laughing at me!!! It's not like-"
"Like what? You do sound like that."
"I am not a cut-sleeve! I just admire him and-"
"Have a crush on him?"
"NO!" He squeaked.
Tian Xing laughed, "Oh A-Xian, love is love. There is no shame in loving anyone. Let it be a man or woman. You can love whoever you want to."

Wei WuXian avoided eye contact with her.
"Someday you will realise your heart A-Xian. I am telling you. I know what you are feeling. Not because I have ever fallen in love. But because I know how lovestruck people act."

Tian Xing put her hand over Wei WuXian's. They were tanned and calloused.

"Don't you feel your heart beating fast as you remember him? Don't you see the white robes in your dreams? Don't you feel heat in your cheeks when you think of the two of you, together, holding hands?"

Wei WuXian went shy, quiet uncharacteristically. He covered his face with his other hand.

Tian Xing laughed and left him to ponder over the question.

'Do I love him? Really?'