Chapter 8

"Now?" Elsa asked. "But I said I wasn't hearing the voice, I don't think it's ready for me to go there-"

Her head shot in the direction of the window.

"What is it?" Hiccup asked, looking out the window as well.

Elsa didn't reply, she just kept looking out of the window.

"Do you see something?" Hiccup asked, desperately searching for something alarming theough the glass.

"I heard it." She said, still staring outside. "The voice, I heard it again."

"Talk about great timing." Hiccup replied. "I guess magic isn't a force to be reckoned with."

"What if I'm not ready?" She asked, turning towards him. "What if I can't do it? I don't even know what it is, I never got that far."

"Then it's time to find out." Hiccup said. "Now that you've heard it again, we have to go."

"I can't leave Arendelle behind, not yet." Elsa said. "We just got the kingdom back. I'm the Queen, I can't just leave again."

"They'll just have to understand." He replied. He stood up from the couch. "I say we go as soon as possible. We can get some supplies together, we can take Toothless so it's faster. Of course we'd have to tell Anna and Kristoff before we left, but we should go soon."

Hiccup was letting his leadership show. He knew he didn't really have a place to do so, seeing as though this wasn't his town to govern, but he felt so strongly about going and helping Elsa. He knew if he didn't say they should go, Elsa never would.

"Someone has to stay behind and keep Arendelle in order." Elsa said. "My sister is going to want to come which will only make Kristoff come as well. Are you sure this is possible right now?"

"Anything is possible." Hiccup replied, helping her up from the couch. "I say we just tell them and see where it goes from there, but it has to be now."

"Tell who what?" Anna said, standing in the doorway.

Hiccup and Elsa looked over to her direction, Elsa looked away but Hiccup didn't.

"Elsa and I need to go to the Enchanted Forest." He said. "She heard the voice again and I said we should go now. There's a reason she's hearing it now, especially after the last few years."

"You're hearing the voice again?" Anna asked, running over to the pair. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just heard it a few minutes ago." Elsa said. "I haven't heard it since the last time we went."

"Then you have to go!" Anna said.

"But someone has to stay behind and assist Arendelle." Elsa said. "If we're all gone, no one can do that."

"Kristoff and I will." Anna said.

Elsa shot her a confused look.

"You don't want to come?" She asked.

"I don't have to this time." She said. "It's your calling, not mine. Plus, you have Hiccup now." She gestured to him.

"I don't know if I can do it without you." Elsa said. "Let alone go without you."

"Hiccup will take care of you." Anna said. "He's proven that already. I trust him. You might even have better luck with him by your side instead of me and Kristoff. Last time we went, I got hurt, remember?"

Elsa pursed her lips and nodded.

"It feels wrong." She said. "You should be coming with us."

"It's not my calling, Elsa." Anna said. "It's yours."