Chapter Four - Ghost and Tell

The next day had come sooner than Y/N had expected. Typically, they’d end up sleeping for an estimated 10 hours. At the least. They were very surprised to find themself waking up from bright sunlight in their eyes. It made sense for their internal clock to be all out of whack though, so the other ghosts would have to cut them some slack as they got readjusted and used to everything. Y/N barely took a step out of the door when Pete and Flower swept them down the stairs, beginning to quickly explain how every morning there would be a different event that they’d do together. Most of it sounded boring to Y/N (who would get excited about a food club when you can’t even eat?) but hey, the story telling days would be fun.

   “We’ve planned to do something different today,” Pete said, “Off schedule! Haha..!”

 “Pete’s not really into deviating from schedules,” Flower remarked, “But he agreed to since you’re the guest of honor! You won’t be a guest after today though since you’ll just be a part of it, but you know,” she shrugged. The three turned the corner and walked into the large sitting room. Y/N looked over it for a moment, taking in the plush couches and chairs, the large fireplace on one end of the room, the tall windows…

   “Dang… I forgot how nice this place was. It’s been renovated a little since I was alive though,” Y/N remarked.

The other ghosts had been waiting for them to arrive and most looked happy to see that Y/N was with them. Isaac, who stood in front of the other ghosts who were sitting on the cough, cleared his throat.

   “As we all know, we have changed what we were originally supposed to do today,” he began, “I believe either Sasappis or Pete explained to you what ghost abilities are?”

   “Briefly,” Y/N said, taking a seat on the edge of the cough next to Sas, “They didn’t go into it, just said how ghosts get a power once they die.”

   “Yes, well, we all thought that it would be a fun idea to display and talk about our abilities.”

   “You only agreed because you can get out of this,” Alberta piped up, “You need to walk through a living for yours!” Y/N sat up, looking intrigued.

   “Oh? I thought that it hurt like hell to be walked through though?” they questioned.

   “It absolutely does, which is why I will not be doing that,” Isaac said sternly.

   “You’re just embarrassed!” Alberta accused with a laugh.

   “Of course he is!” Trevor joined in, “Dude died of dysentery, so it smells like a massive fart whenever somebody walks through him!” Laughter came from the group as Y/N brought the back of their hand up to their mouth to cover it, snickering behind it.

   “No— No it’s not funny,” Y/N said, obviously lying to themself and everyone. Isaac frowned.

   “Yes, yes, whatever. I understand that my power is not the flashiest or the most interesting,” he said, “I had assumed that for those of us who know what ability we have we would go in order from least to most recently dead—”

   “Save the best for last,” Trevor said, beginning to lean back and put his hands behind his head before Pete grabbed his arm and moved it back onto his lap. Well, now Y/N was even more curious!

   “Thor go first,” Thorfinn said, moving from his chair, taking Isaac’s place up front, “Thor able to control lights! Very impressive!” 

With expectant looks upon him he fixed his eyes on the ceiling light. Thor raised his arms, flexing his hands as he framed the light with them. A few low grunts came from Thor as the light began to flicker, only slowly at first before speeding up. With a sharp exhale he brought his hands back to his sigh and a small applause came from the ghosts.