Chapter 55

Kokoro awoke alone to the constant repetition of her alarm. She tried to change it at some point to make her more awake on a morning, but instead, it ruined the song 'there's a light that never goes out' by the Smiths. Now, whenever she heard it, her heart dropped. But that didn't matter, because the moment she took in her surroundings, she'd realised she'd actually had a good nights sleep, and somehow, she was still tired. It wasn't much, but it was a start.

Quickly, she went to the baths and prepared for the day. Meeting a few of her classmates along the way, who wouldn't stop giggling. The telepath read their thoughts and soon realised why.

"So, Koko, did you sleep well?" Mina giggled.

"Yeah, you look less grumpy this morning?" Ochako agreed.

"That's not what I was getting at." Mina whispered and the other responded with an 'O' shaped mouth.

"Don't even suggest that." Hajime rolled her eyes.

"Would I be wrong?"

"Yes."

"Hey, did you guys hear what happened last night?" Uraraka asked them both. She only knew because Midoriya had given her a brief explanation.

"Koko definitely didn't." Ashido chuckled.

"It isn't like that." The mind reader scolded. "But, I must admit, I saw this coming." She referred to the incident with Midoriya and Bakugo.

"Then why didn't you tell anyone?" Uraraka questioned.

"It's not really my business, plus, sometimes people just need to fight it out."

"But they could've gotten expelled." The gravity manipulator reasoned.

"It isn't my job to keep them in line. If they want to fight, then they can. It's not my problem." If no one's life or future was in danger, then the telepath would much prefer to be neutral in fights and disagreements.

.
.
.

"Listen up everyone! Stay in line and move properly into position!" Iida waved around his arms, trying to order his class once again. "I want to see order!"

"You're the only one who's not in line." Sero pointed out.

Then suddenly, the other classes began to enter the hallways, which was made obvious when Monoma began frantically screaming about class 1A's demise. "2 people! You had two people fail the licensing exam you losers!" He pointed and laughed.

"Bet you were the only one in your class to fail, just like last time." Kirishima assumed with a smirk on his face, Hajime almost felt bad because of how wrong he was. If it meant beating class A, Monoma could keep himself in line. So, the blonde boy laughed and turned around. "That wasn't an answer."

"Actually, every one of us passed." He bragged. "We pulled ahead of you big shots."

"I'm sorry, it's my fault." Todoroki apologised, but even if he'd passed, Bakugo would have failed regardless.

"They're the ones who are turning it into a competition. It's not big deal." Kirishima reassured and then an idea came to mind. "Well, actually Hajime here was the top scorer in our exam. She only lost 1 point. You should have seen her, she was the leader of our medical base. So cool!" He cheered.

"Don't use my success to defend our class." Hajime rolled her eyes. "But you're right, I am pretty cool."

"1 point! That's not possible!" Monoma accused and the telepath quirked a brow.

"It is."

"Isn't."

"Is."

"Isn't."