Chapter 45

"I believe I mentioned this already, but your main focus this summer is obtaining previsional hero licenses." Aizawa informed the class, who'd recently rejoined their learning after settling into the dorms.

"Yes, sir."

"Do not take this lightly, a hero license means you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only 50% of students pass the test required for this permit each year." The teacher explained.

"It's that hard to get a previsional license?" Mineta asked, shocked.

"In order to prepare, today, you'll concentrate on creating something new." He continued, regardless of the questions. Then, suddenly, three pro heroes entered the classroom. "Two ultimate moves."

"Ultimate moves! An exam is a normal school thing, but this is total hero work!" Ashido, Kaminari, Sero and Kirishima managed to all say at once. Seriously, is boggled the telepath as to how they managed to do that.

"When we say ultimate, we mean a move that will ensure you win against your opponent." Ectoplasm added.

"An action so unique to your identity, that no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean into your strengths." Cementos chimed in.

"Your moves represent who you are, these days, most pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't are fools." Midnight insulted, but it made Hajime wonder what some of her teachers moves could be. Aizawa didn't have one, and Midnight claimed she had one, but it was mainly just her using her quirk. Nothing too ultimate about it.

"This may sound abstract, but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in gym Gamma." Mr Aizawa instructed, the students soon replying with a 'yes sir' and following his orders.

For some reason, ultimate moves never seemed right to Hajime. Although they were useful, what good would yelling out your next move be? It could be understandable if pro heroes kept their moves in their head when they enacted them, but giving easy information away to an opponent was definitely a liability. She'd be sure to ask her teachers their thoughts on the matter.

When the class had finally gotten ready and travelled to Gym Gamma, they were introduced to the arena and it's purposes by their home room teacher.

"Gym Gamma. Also known at the academy as the training dining land, or TDL."

'First the USJ and now this?' Midoriya and a few others thought.

"This facility was my idea, we can prepare unique terrains and obstacles for each of the students here. Here, you will learn to serve up justice, hence the name." Cementos further examined as he moulded some of the ground.

"That's kinda cool." Kaminari stated.

"Please allow me a question!" Iida shot his hand into the air. "What is the advantage of having ultimate moves for our previsional exam?! May we know your reasoning?!" Be shouted, right into Hajime's ear, the mask making his voice echo slightly.

"That was so uncalled for." The mind reader muttered.

"That's two questions." Aizawa denied. "Calm down." He agreed with Hajime. "The job of a hero is to save people from all sorts of dangers, crime, accidents, and natural, or manmade disasters. Of course, the licensing exam tests how well each of you deal with these things. It won't just be fighting, your ability to strategise and make quick decisions will be judged, in addition to how you communicate, cooperate and lead others. Every year, a new test is used to evaluate these qualities."

"One thing is especially important, if you want to be a pro hero, you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared, you won't have to worry. Those of you with an ultimate move will have stronger results." Midnight said, answering the question Iida initially asked.