I don't think I'm strong enough to fight

Start from the beginning

"We dated and then she cheated on me," Evie replied quietly as she didn't want to be overhead.

"What a bitch!" Jamie said.

"Jamie!" Jemma exclaimed, nodding towards Ella and indicating that he couldn't be swearing.

"She wouldn't say it," Jamie reassured her as Ella sat munching away happily.

After they'd drunk their coffee, they got up and left.

"Bunny?" Ella asked, raising her shoulders.

"Shit where's her bunny?" Jemma said, feeling around in the bag.

"Jemma!" Jamie exclaimed, mocking her earlier statement. She glared at him. This was serious.

"I think she left it in the café. I'll grab it," Evie said before turning and going back inside. The rabbit toy was on their table and she picked it up before heading back towards the door.

"Evie," a familiar voice called after her. She turned around slowly, not really wanting to go through with this interaction.

"I'm sorry," Freya said.

"I don't care. You cheated on me."

"But I regret it."

"I don't care. You cheated on me. You broke all my trust."

"But-"

"But nothing Frey. You ruined it. End of."

"I wasn't the one moving on and leaving the other behind," Freya called after her as she walked away.

When Evie got back outside, Jemma and Jamie were deep in conversation.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Yeah. We were meant to be seeing some friend's tomorrow morning but now we don't have anyone to look after Ella so we can't go," Jemma replied. She looked upset.

"I could look after her if you want?"

"Really? You wouldn't mind?" Jamie asked.

"Not at all."

***

They were sat at the dinner table that night. Amanda was chatting away as Evie listened half-heartedly. It had been a full-on day and eating was a struggle.

She looked down on her plate. She couldn't do it. She didn't deserve to do it.

Amanda was in the middle of saying something when Evie's head fell and she began shaking gently. The tears were flowing and her bottom lip was wobbling.

"Sweetheart it's okay," Amanda said as she leapt from her chair and walked round the table to comfort her. She crouched down in front and held onto her hands.

"It's so difficult," Evie sobbed, unable to contain it.

"I know it is but you're a strong girl. You're going to get through this. I know you are. You have a fight inside you."

"I don't think I'm strong enough to fight," she whispered. Amanda pulled her in for a hug, her heart breaking at that sentence.

"You are strong enough."

They stayed in silence as Evie tried to get herself calm. Amanda gently stroked the bridge of her nose, knowing that it was a great technique to help her relax.

"Sorry for crying. I'm a bit of an emotional person."

"I can tell," Amanda laughed.

"I'm sorry. I really don't think I can do it right now."