It's not worth it

Start from the beginning

"Fine," she replied bluntly before walking out to the tunnel.

"What's going on with her?" Katie asked the others. Leah just stayed quiet; it wasn't her place to say.

They began the match and Evie was going in hard. She was playing decently well but her usual smile had vanished. She was giving away ridiculous challenges and was lucky to not be booked.

Arsenal were on top and Viv and Katie both managed to score within two minutes of each other. Even when Evie managed to assist the second goal she didn't smile. She seemed hollow. Like something was eating her up.

Ten minutes from the end of the first half, they had a corner and Leah managed to head it home. Finally a small smile appeared on Evie's face as she hugged her best mate.

"Well done," she said with a little grin before running to reset. Leah was pleased that Evie was beginning to cheer up- even if it was only a little bit.

They got to half time and were pleased to be 3-0 up.

"Evie stop with the ridiculous challenges. You're lucky not to have been booked. Stop it in the second half," Jonas warned. Evie just glared at him, not willing to hear what anyone else had to say.

They restarted and within five minutes, Evie found herself making another harsh tackle. She went in a bit late and sent the Reading player tumbling to the floor.

"What the fuck are you playing at?" one of the other players asked.

"Sor-ry. It was an accident," Evie replied sassily, not caring one bit. They argued for a bit longer before Kim got involved and put her arms around the raging teenager.

"Kiddo leave it," she said as she pulled her away. Evie pushed her arms away angrily and stormed off, not even looking when the yellow card was shown her way.

The fourth Arsenal goal was scored in the 70th minute. Stina smashed it into the net and even though they were so far in the lead, from the look on Evie's face you would've thought they were 8-0 down.

It was five minutes from the end when her built up anger reached its peak. She went in horribly sending the player to the ground and getting kicked in the process.

"What the fuck?" Evie shouted, her hands pinning the Reading player to the ground. It was all her fault and the leg was an accident but she didn't care. She was pissed off and taking it out in other ways.

"Don't fucking kick me!"

"Like you haven't been kicking me all game!" the player retorted.

"Get off her!" the Reading captain said as she tried to pull her away. Evie turned on her, shoving her clean in the chest.

"Fuck you man," she shouted as she sprung to her feet. Everyone had now gathered, all arguing.

"Kiddo leave her. It's not worth it," Kim said, knowing that at this point the sending off was inevitable.

"It is worth it," Evie shouted, trying to fight out of Kim's strong hands.

The ref came over and pulled out the red card. Shit.

"Oh fuck off," Evie spat, storming from the pitch and down the tunnel. Jonas called her name but she carried on, not giving two shits what he had to say.

As she walked down the tunnel, she swung her fist in complete rage and punched the wall. The pain exploded in her hand but she carried onto the changing rooms. She was too angry to care.

She wasn't angry at the game. She was angry at her brother. Angry at her stupid life for going the way it had.

In the five minutes that was left, Evie sat on her spot, looking forward and hearing the blood roar in her ears. She was pissed.