England weren't managing to build any attacks like they did at the beginning and they came off feeling a bit disheartened.

"Evie get your shin pads on, I'm putting you on," Sarina said as they walked back. The young player nodded in response and after being given tactics briefings from different members of staff, she ran out with the others onto the pitch.

Her impact was obvious from the get-go. She built up an attack, using a good run down the wing, with in the first 45 seconds. It sadly didn't come to anything but it was chance.

She was also having good shots on goal and really testing the keeper. Her teammates were very impressed with her and grateful of the energy she brought.

"Ah fuck," she groaned as she sent the ball flying over the bar.

"Don't worry kiddo. We've got time," Fran reassured her as she patted her on the back.

"Yeah, yeah," Evie replied, realising she was right and trying to compose herself.

It was ten minutes from the end and Evie had been playing a blinder. She was absolutely controlling the game, skilling up players and making chances.

She won the ball back and was off down the winger, beaming like a little girl.

Evie rolled the ball under her foot, making it round not one but three boys who'd come at her, she carried on towards the goal. A kick was aimed at her ankle but she dodged it and carried on, knowing she was better than the rest of them put together.

She was now in front of the goal and she feigned one way before smashing it into the corner. It clanged loudly as it hit the metal net and she ran off with her arms outstretched. The boys mobbed her and despite only being 7 they respected her massively.

Keira was free so Evie sent it to her. She knew that if she now found space, Keira could get it to her no matter what. She was a passing master. Evie found herself in front of goal and then the ball was flying towards her. She smashed it with her foot, powering it into the back of the net.

Oh. My. God. She'd just scored for England. They all ran at her, overjoyed for their teammate.

"Kiddo!" Keira screamed as she grabbed her. The smile was plastered on her face.

"A goal to top it off!" Lauren shouted, close to her ear so that she could hear over the crowd.

Leah came through with an enormous grin on her face. She pulled Evie into her and just stood with her arms around her.

"Fucking amazing!" she yelled before planting a kiss on her forehead.

They all ran and reset, hungry for more. 4 minutes later and Evie found herself out on the wing. She whipped the ball in and was overjoyed to see Millie Bright's outstretched toe connect with it.

Now the team had a deep yearning for more. There wasn't long but they could do this. Why not give it go?

The number of attacks they had was ridiculous, they just pummelled them hard and fast, unlucky to not be rewarded. Evie was at the centre of it all, working tirelessly.

It was the fourth minute of injury time when a jerk of the head from Fran indicated that she was about to make a run. Evie spotted and hitting it with the right bit of her foot, she sent it perfectly between the defenders.

Fran sprinted to it and dribbled to the keeper. She chipped it, sending it into the back of the net. The perfect way to end the game!

The atmosphere in the team huddle was good. They'd won the Arnold Clark Cup and it that was just a step closer to the Euros.

Everyone was singing Evie's praises. She stood, bright red and sweaty, listening to them all.

When the group broke a part, she felt like she was floating. No way had that just happened.

She looked around the crowd and spotted Mrs Cooper. Pride was etched across every bit of her face.

"Darling," she said before pulling her in for a hug.

"Thank you for coming," Evie said.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Mrs Cooper reassured her. They broke apart and chatted for ages, her husband, Mr Cooper, also with them.

It felt nice. She was so proud, not only with today but with the whole camp.

"Some baller she's turning into," Leah said as she stood with her mum, watching her laugh with Coops.

"Best in the world someday. I see it. I really do," Amanda said.

They all went to lift the trophy, the trophy they'd earned. Evie was stood with Lauren's arm around her, both of them with head in the clouds.

There was a drum roll before Leah lifted the trophy into the air, all of them bouncing and cheering. This was why England were a threat. They'd proved it through this tournament.

***

It felt weird to be at home. Camp had felt so natural that this felt odd. It was also nice and quiet. Evie loved the girls but she also loved the quiet and funny conversations her and Leah had every evening.

Before heading home from camp, Sarina had called Evie in for meeting. She explained how impressed she was and reiterated once again that she could be one of the biggest threats in the women's game. The news articles that had been published after the final game were mind blowing. People knew who Evie Warner was.

Young Superstar Surprises for England

Is Warner the Future?

England's Next Big Thing: Evie Warner turns up the heat

Her medal was taking prize place, hung up above her bed. She loved it so much.

It was an evening a couple of days after they'd arrived back from international duty. Evie and Leah were lying across the sofa, their feet meeting in the middle.

"Camp was sick," Evie said simply.

"Sorry what was that? I don't understand youth speak," Leah teased her, always finding it amusing when she used slang. Evie just pulled a face at her, making it clear that she didn't find her funny.

"Alright angry. Yeah it was pretty 'sick' wasn't it?" she said, smiling at the memories. They chatted for ages about the experience, mixing in a whole lot of banter as they did.

***