What was more amusing though, was watching both Edward and Severus talk with Donnas new husband. They didn't exactly dislike the man and neither did I, he was a retired army general and he made Donna truly happy. After all that she had to go through, she deserved to be happy and the two brothers agreed to it.

They had recently adopted a 5 year old from what I had heard and experienced, it was a girl and she was extremely shy. Donna told me that she had been through a rough patch in her last foster home and was still learning to talk to people. I thought she was cute when they showed me a picture of the girl.

She had swollen eyes though and a very skinny body, from what I could tell, she was sleep and food deprived. Ryan-Donna's husband- was scared at first, afraid that since he had hit 45 the child would be hard to keep up with but after he learned of her past he gladly took her in. So far, the two of them and I were the only people that little Ellen had even said a word to. The only thing she said to me was 'hi' but that was enough to reassure me that the child would be fine.

The knock on the door pulled me away from Severus's arms and towards the door.

"Boy what are you doing with your life? Still single?!"

"Absurd! Are you sure you're not gay?"

I giggled to myself as I heard Ryan and my dad attack Edward yet again. I threw open the door and was greeted by the sight of all of them standing in front of the house with massive smiles. My father and Ryan were in the middle of rubbing Edward's head with their knuckles while the women ignored them with huffs and little Ellen was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Welcome."

"To our humble aboard, my room is off-limits!"

Aaron completed my sentence for me, appearing beside me with a wide smile before throwing in a warning to the grownups who tried to decorate his room the last time they came around. The grown ups chuckled before entering the house as we gave them way.

I was greeted by gentle hugs and kisses on the cheek while Edward gave me a distanced hug, which was just him patting his hands into air and smiling at me as I glared at him. Severus walked down the stairs, wearing a dark turtle neck and black jeans while I stared at him with wide eyes, unable to tear my gaze away.

Ever since I indirectly expressed to him that I liked that look, he would try it out whenever he felt that he looked fresh enough and each time it would leave me speechless. Sometimes pregnant too. It was his weapon of seduction. The confusion was; why was he wearing that now?

Edward nudged my shoulder with his, drawing my eyes away from my dashing husband and whispered to me.

"You look better than him."

He winked at me and I noticed the glare Severus threw at him. I rolled my eyes at them before drawing the family to the dining room.

It was a busy night, one that was filled with food and laughter and jokes, I even saw Ellen smiling at something Aaron did. My grin only widened as I remembered Aaron picking out his favorite toys and puzzles to make friends with Ellen, they were around the same age and because of Ellen never having gone to school, they were also in the same grade. And Aaron wanted to protect her from the bad kids.

I doubted the bad kids would even dare try to take on Aaron, he was a martial arts regular and Severus and Edward didn't leave a chance to teach him new methods. At such a young age, he knew how to counter more than enough attacks and since he was still small his training was focused more on how to bring the enemy to his level and then destroy them completely.

After finishing the food, we were all seated in the living room. All of us calmly seated on the couches as we talked about new happenings in life and Edwards non-existent love life.