Fang Bai saw the situation and was about to continue helping Ji Yuning with her chapped lips, but when she raised her head, she suddenly felt dizzy and almost stumbled.

Wu Mei quickly stepped forward to support her, and worriedly asked, "Miss, are you suffering from anemia again? You haven't eaten dinner yet. Let me heat up something for you."

"Miss has been taking care of Xiao Ji all this time and is probably tired."

Wu Mei helped her miss sit on a chair, and after saying that, she was about to go out. 

But...

"Sister Wu," Fang Bai called out to Wu Mei, "No need, I'm not hungry."

Wu Mei hesitated, "But your health..."

Fang Bai shook her head, "It might be because I stood up too quickly, causing low blood flow. I'm fine."

Wu Mei went forward, "Then let me escort you back to your room to rest."

Fang Bai replied, "Okay."

Just as Wu Mei was about to help her, Fang Bai handed over the cotton swab in her hand to Wu Mei.

"You don't have to escort me, I can go back to my room by myself."

Fang Bai spoke softly, "This cotton swab can't be used anymore. Change it for a new one and apply it a few more times. Just make sure her lips aren't too dry."

Fang Bai stood up and, looking at the over-forty-year-old woman in front of her, thinking about her health, said, "You can go to sleep later. She has almost recovered."

Wu Mei was startled by her miss's consecutive words about caring for Ji Yuning. 

She nodded, "Don't worry, miss. I know what to do."

"Hmm."

Fang Bai still trusted Wu Mei.

As Fang Bai was about to leave, she glanced at Ji Yuning. 

The girl's brow was still furrowed, but her complexion had greatly improved. 

Fang Bai whispered a few instructions to Wu Mei before leaving the room.

Following Fang Bai's instructions, Wu Mei prepared to use a cotton swab to gently moisturize Ji Yuning's lips.

When Wu Mei dampened the cotton swab, the person in the bed opened her eyes.

Though groggy, Ji Yuning could see who was in front of her and called out, "Aunt Wu."

Hearing the voice, Wu Mei bent down and asked in a low voice, "Awake? How do you feel?"

Ji Yuning's throat felt dry and her body was hot, but her hands... were still there. 

Both hands were still there.

She withdrew her hand from under the blanket and looked at the tape still sticking to the back of her hand, staring at the red blood spots on it. 

She remained silent.

Putting her hand down, Ji Yuning noticed the cotton swab in Aunt Wu's hand and felt the moisture on her lips. 

She nibbled on her lips and said quietly, "Aunt Wu, thank you."

Aunt Wu's eyes widened in surprise.

In the past three years, Ji Yuning had thanked Aunt Wu many times, but none of them had been as sincere as this one.

Aunt Wu felt a strong sense of guilt and said, "You don't have to thank me. Just don't blame me."

Ji Yuning's eyelids drooped and she simply replied, "Hmm."