Chapter 12 : Shattering Limits

A pink whirlwind passed by City Hall from above and travelling to Jake’s Mountain. It then crashed when it made contact with the ground. Once the smoke cleared, Chase and Copycat were seen standing against each other. 

“This is...Jake’s Mountain...?” Chase looked around. There were many trees and rocks on their surroundings. 

“This seems a perfect place for our bat-" Copycat was interrupted when Chase punched him on the face. Chase snarled: “Enough with the crap and let’s get onto it, Copycat!!” 

Copycat was sent backwards for a few feet away. He did a backflip and balanced himself from falling. “And let’s not mention that you even hurt Ryder and boast about less talking and more fighting, did you?!” Chase added. “That’s rude. Is that how you treat a bad guy like that...?” Copycat replied in disgust. 

“Whatever, this will be over soon...once I’m done with a weak pup like you!!” Copycat added. “Weak pup?” The two words angered Chase even more. “I’ll show you...who’s weak!!” 

Chase lost control over his rage again, and he ran to Copycat with his super speed. He then tried delivering a blow to Copycat again, but Copycat simply grabbed his paw with ease thanks to his copied super strength ability. 

“Is that all you’ve got?!” He taunted. Just then, Chase quickly used his sonic bark ability and sent Copycat crashing on a tree behind him. 

“I let my guard down again...” Copycat then got back up again. “I forgot that you still have that power on your side. But next time..." The Copycat looked at Chase: “I won't let my guard down twice."  

“But something’s bothering me...you pups can still use your mighty powers even your stupid meteor got destroyed. And why is that?” Copycat then asked Chase. Chase just replied: “And why would I tell you about it?!” Copycat then grinned: “It must be a mistake...but guess it doesn’t matter anyway, even if you have superpowers on your side, you still can’t defeat me!! I have every copied ability from your friends, and well, almost all of them though. But anyway, I’m going to enjoy this...enjoy the suffering from y-"

Copycat was interrupted again when Chase tried to punch him again, but Copycat grabbed his paw with his super strength and groaned: “How rude. This is the second time you’re interrupting my speech!!” He then launched a water blast at Chase and sending him crashing on another tree. “No more chit chat, we fight for real this time!!” He said.

“That’s all I want to hear.” Chase then slowly got up again. “This’ll be over in an instant.” Copycat snarled. “We’ll see about that.” Chase replied. 

Chase then launched another sonic bark at Copycat. The Copycat quickly created an energy shield and blocked the attack. Chase then quickly ran behind Copycat without him noticing. He then tried punching him again, but Copycat saw him at the last second and blocked it. “You really like running around huh?!” He mocked at Chase. 

Copycat then sent Chase flying with a whirlwind punch. He then used his newfound plant manipulation powers and grabbed Chase’s leg with his vines, slamming him hard on the ground. Copycat then created a huge energy hammer and smashed Chase hard on the ground, causing a mini explosion. 

“You are too powerless against me. You may have super speed, but I have more than just that!! So give up and admit that you are weak!!” The Copycat taunted. However, Chase then stood up and rushed to Copycat again. 

“I’m pretty impressed. You’re still standing even after that attack.” The Copycat then launched energy tools and icicles at Chase, but despite Chase’s super speed, he managed to dodge them all. 

Chase then tried attacking again, but The Copycat combined his water powers with heat and fired a huge water blast at Chase. Chase tried to dodge, but he got hit by the attack. “Boiling water?!” Chase shouted in pain. The Copycat laughed and used his super speed and tackled Chase, sending him crashing in a huge rock. The Copycat then whacked Chase hard on his head with his super strength and knocked Chase on the ground. 

Chase felt super dizzy, as if he saw that the whole world is spinning. The Copycat then smirked: “Game...Over!!” He then hit Chase in the back with a whirlwind punch. 

“Finally, it’s over.” Just as The Copycat was about to leave, he heard something behind him and looked back to see what it was, and he found out that Chase stood back up...again. “Where...are...you going?” Chase muttered. 

“Still standing?! Well then, you won’t be standing anymore in the next turn!!” The Copycat then snarled and went to Chase at super speed. Chase did the same, then threw a punch at Copycat, and Copycat threw a punch back filled with super strength. The two punches then clashed, but because the Copycat’s punch was too strong, the force sent Chase backwards, crashing into several trees. 

“You’re not going anywhere!!” The Copycat then pulled back Chase with a vine and hit him with a whirlwind blow on his chest, sending him flying in midair this time. The Copycat launched many pressured water blasts and they hit Chase in midair. Chase then crashed on the ground again. 

The Copycat then kept the pace by freezing Chase in place with his ice powers, then leaped up and charged up a supersized heat energy ball. “Now...burn!!” The Copycat shouted and hurled the energy ball at Chase. The energy ball successfully hit Chase and made contact with the ground, creating an explosion and destroyed a part of the land, forming a crater. There were smokes coming out from the crater. Some trees around it got burned by the intense heat as well. 

“There’s no way he survived that...even if he did, that attack will also burn him to ashes in an instant!!” The Copycat landed back on the ground, believing that Chase won’t survive the attack.

But then, a voice then came out from the crater: “Is that so...?” The Copycat was surprised. He went to the crater and got shocked at what he saw. 

Chase was still standing, while smiling, even though he has blood on his mouth. His clothes were pretty much singed by the attack. His pup tag was damaged and his fur was also steaming, releasing smokes. Cuts and bruises were also all over his body. However, his left eye began glowing even more brighter blue than usual. “Pretty neat attack, Copycat...but did you...really think...it’ll defeat me...?” Chase grunted. 

“Impossible!! You’re still standing after that deadly attack?!” Copycat gasped. “It will take...more than that...to kill me.” Chase then got out of the crater. 

“I take back what I said about you being a weak pup...” The Copycat said. “...but this time, I’m going to look at you seriously. I won’t hesitate to kill you after that...” 

Chase grinned: “Heh, good luck with that...it won’t matter even...even if you have more of my friends’ power...no matter how...how powerful you get...no matter how much damage I’ve taken...” He then stepped a paw forward. His left eye then glowed even more intensively than before and he said: “I swear to you...that I will use everything...everything I had to take you down, Copycat!!”

“And I mean, everything.” 

Chase and The Copycat then got in their fighting positions, once again preparing for round two...