"I refuse" I stood up, leaving behind my drink as Jiyoung stood up as well, wanting to stop me but by the time she could say something, I had slammed the door shut. It's absurd. And I was annoyingly mad.

"Kain?" Jiwoo and Casein Nitrate looked up the Shinwha stairs where I had just come from Jiyoung's office. I paused, looking at the two. "I'm leaving" was all I said when I ignored them, slamming the car door shut and demanding the driver to go.

"Just drive around. I don't want to go home" the driver glanced my way through the mirror, nodding his head once and remained silent. I liked him. The driver knew when to speak and when not to. Out of all the people I've met in Eleceed, Kains driver was the most pleasant. "Would you like to get something to eat?" He asked, looking at me stare out the window. Watching the people, cars, and buildings pass by.

"...maybe later" was all I said when I drifted off to sleep, thinking of Jiwoo and Jiyoung.

...

X/14/1X

Finally, I was able to break through Jeonghos barrier. It wasn't easy. Hardly. I bled, broke bones, tore muscles, but even then he pushed me to my limits due to the time he had left. With each passing day, his power faltered or weakened in the middle of battle but, his power was so strong even a small fraction could be deadly. Even at his weakest, he's strong. Truly a frightening being if I do say so myself.

I've witnessed countless awakened ones who wanted to kill me and my family die at his hands. Each kill, he showed no emotion. No reaction. No regret or guilt. I know he's killed far more than I can ever imagine and he's even told me a bit about his past in a different place. The place where awakened ones are common amongst the world. And how he's done much worse..

Telling me for a long time, he's never truly felt alive. Nor did he feel like he existed, killing to somehow cover up that feeling. But when he met mother, everything changed, he said. She taught him how to be human instead of some killing robotic awakened one. She showed him how to properly order food. How to use a broom. How to drive a car. And most of all, how to love.

One time, I asked him when he met mom and how they met. He said four years before I was born. He accidentally came to this world after experimenting with his force control but in the middle of transferring, he broke many bones in his body and had many deep cuts. Although it meant nothing to an awakened one, he still needed help in getting somewhere.

Just then, mother passed by, seeing him in a bloody state. She took him to the hospital despite his rude behavior. He kept asking for certain hospitals but mother continued to tell him there's no such thing. Then, once he was in the hospital, it took him far longer than usual to heal. Probably because he expelled most of his power after transferring.

"Stop it!" "Gosh, your darn temper" "do you want me to injure you more than you already  are!?" "Freaking gangster" he recited the many words mother told him in his stay at the hospital. Also adding the fact he was trying to rudely push mother away and even injured her once. But, mom kept coming back with fruits or food. She even brought her radio in order to sing for him as torment for his rudeness.

After a month, he grew used to her. And she's also the reason he found out he wasn't in the 'awakened world'. Mother allowed him to stay at her place, after he told her he was homeless. In response, mother scoffed saying, "No surprise there. I'd kick you out too for being such an asshat" of course, father couldn't retort. After her constant scolding for what went on for days, he slowly started to become anxious whenever she was mad.

I mean, he even said at one time when he tried to throw her out of the room, she stabbed his hand. Since then, he never wanted to make her that mad.