ningning | not for me

genre ; angst
sumarry ; ningning sees you in the audience section during their concert, and memories of what had happened between the both of you came to haunt her.

the crowd's cheer was very loud as aespa performed. the final song being icu, MYs sang along with the 4 idols who were roaming around on stage freely as they sang their heart out while still trying to interact with with fans.

a very big smile graced ningning's face as she looked at them, taking in every moment as much as possible as she admires the pretty purple ocean created by the lightsticks being waved in the crowd in a motion that was so easy to get lost in.

the sight of the lightsicks being waved in sync was so beautiful and precious to her. if she was allowed to bring her phone on stage and record this exact same moment from her point of view, she would.

and just as icu came to an end her eyes started scanning the crowd again as her chest heaved with heavy breaths from singing and walking back and forth on the big stage. as she was interacting with them her eyes landed on a familiar figure. the person she thought she would never see again.

the figure stood in the crowd laughing loudly and cheering. ningning had to stop for a while as she made sure that her eyes weren't messing with her. it was you, your figure stood in the front row, a couple of row away from the stage.

your eyes were shining with excitement as you interacted with one of the girls, she glanced at you and saw that you were interacting with aeri, who seemed just as shocked as she was at your appearance for their first concert.

ningning found herself walking towards aeri, who is now a couple of meters away from your section. she tapped the older girl's shoulder and leaned in to whisper something.

"did you know about y/n coming" she asked only to receive a head shake from aeri. she hummed and went back to searching for your eyes in the midst of the crowd again. she started to freak out when she thought she had lost you in the crowd, but after what felt like hours, she finally locked eyes with you. the same eyes that she would spend countless minutes looking into. the same eyes that were glossy with tears the day she handed you all of the stuffs you gave her, back to you.

"can't we at least— try?" your eyes were glossy, your voice shaky as you were mere seconds away from breaking down.

"no, it's just going to hurt both of us more" ningning shook her head, shoving the box full of the stuffs you gave her back into your hands.

"but you promised to not leave"

"gosh y/n! it's not going to work no matter how much we try, what's so hard about that to understand?" she raised her voice

"we can try-"

"i fell out of love with you! is that what you want? for me to tell you the truth? there you go! the truth!" she said pushing your shoulder with her hands, you stumbled a few step back from the force as you look into her eyes with tears.

"now leave me alone!" she said before slamming the door shut. she sighed, before she turned her back towards the door as tears starts flowing down her cheeks, she slides down the door covering her face with her hands, cursing the company's stupid rule of debuting.

she came back to reality when karina pulled her hand, signalling her it's time to say goodbye through their final encore song.

to be honest, her eyes were everywhere trying to find you in the crowd again but she's lost you. the whole 3 minutes she couldn't stop thinking about you and she hated that.

the moment the curtain falls, signalling that the concert had ended she immediately rushed down to giselle who was already walking towards the waiting room.

"unnie—"

her eyes were in disbelief when she saw your figure sitting in the waiting room, you didn't change not even a little a bit. maybe a little weight loss but other than that you still look great. no actually, you looked better than when you were with her.

her eyes were desperately looking into yours, in hopes that you would look back at her but you were busy congratulating the other members, handing them a small bouquet of flower as you pull them in for a brief hug.

ningning stood there awkwardly, part of her feeling embarrassed and ashamed to be standing in the same room as you after treating you not the way you wanted to be treated.

she waited for you to look at her and when you finally do, she found nothing but coldness in your eyes. your eyes held no expression as you walk towards her with a bouquet of flower in your hand.

"y-you came?" ningning's voice shook. looking for your eyes once again because you broke eye contact with her.

you handed her the bouquet of flowers, you got her. and shook your head.

"i came for them" you replied.

oh, not for me.

ningning went silent, and nod her head. right. you have always been a friend that was very supportive, that was what made ningning fell in love with you a couple of years back. she felt her eyes stinging as tears strarts to well up at the brim of her eyes, that's when she immediately look down to the ground as you brush past her, saying goodbye to everyone except her.

how she wish she could tell you that she's still in love with you and have never fell out of love with you, not even once. she wanted to tell you how she had to lie to you because her manager was eavesdropping the whole conversation you guys had that one particular night so she had no choice but to lie to you instead of telling you that it's one of the rules the company had.

oh how she wish you could've at least hug her for a couple of seconds just like how you did with the girls before leaving the waiting room.

im so sorry for the constant angst update but i just love angst ehdhsjsj