winter | stay (pt.one)

genre ; angst
summary ; you grew tired of the constant yelling and fights you have with winter for the past months.

you couldn't pinpoint exactly when these changes in winter started. she wasn't always so angry, impatient and scary. the winter you knew was always so gentle and soft with you, talking to you in the softest tone ever. everything has changed ever since her group have announced a tour.

as much as you hate to admit it, winter scares you now. everytime she walk through the door with the same sour expression she always wear makes you very wary and cautious when interacting with her. scared that one single mistake and irritated tone coming out from you might make her explode.

you sat on the sofa, which have been abandoned by winter for so long as she's never really been anywhere in the house except for the bed. you contemplated everything, especially the way your relationship with winter has gone downhill so fast.

lost in your thoughts for so long, that you'd failed to realize that winter have finally got off from work when you hear the beeps coming from thou house's passcode lock.

"im home" her voice sounded tired, with a hint of annoyance. you turn to look at winter and saw the sour expression on her face.

with a sigh, you lifted yourself from the sofa and followed her closely behind, as she walks towards the bedroom.

"how did it go?" you knew she had a music video shooting today, and you heard that the concept for this comeback is something that they have never tried before so you got curious and also excited to know.

but there were no response from her, she kept on moving back and forth in the room changing her clothes and tying her hair, doin everything but answering your question.

"minjeong? did you hear me" you asked, and saw her shooting you an expression that tells you that she's annoyed.

"it was tiring" she replied dryly. you nodded and let out a sigh, feeing bad that she had to go through all the hustle. you sat down on the bed next to her, she looked up at you and looked at you with a very confused face.

"minjeong, can we talk?"

winter's heart dropped as soon as the word's slipped out of you mouth. she knew sooner or later you will eventually grow tired of this whole situation you guys had going on leading to this conversation.

she nodded making you sigh. you reach out to grab her hands, you nearly almost forgot how her small hands fit just well in yours. this made your heart break more when you realize what your and winter's relationship had came to.

"i love you, minjeong" you stated, earning a faint smile from the girl in front of you.

"but-"

the smile on her face drops, her expressions gloomed as well as her heart. she knows where this is going and she wanted to stop you right at this moment but she's, far too late.

unconsciously, her anger starts to fill up in her emotion tank. mad at how you brought this topic up, on a day where she was the most tired.

"i- we have to face the truth that it's not the same anymore" you said.

"what do you mean, 'not the same'?" she asked imitating your tone.

"look, i missed you so much minjeong. though i see you and sleep next to you everyday, i still miss you so fucking much. doesn't that sound funny to you?" she kept quiet, looking into your eyes tgat are slowly welling up with tears.

"i miss you— so much you don't even know" the tears rolled down your cheeks, you quickly wiped it away with your sleeve.

"it's not easy being idol, you know that. i thought we agreed on this before. i thought you understood that?" you can hear the change in her tone.

"im an idol too, i understand you—"

"then why are you bringing up this bullshit!" her voice panged your heart making you flinch.

"that, is why" you emphasized on the first word, pointing to her.

"i have to deal with you raising your voice at me every single day, every single time and do you know how much it hurts my heart minjeong?" you paused, tears escaped your eyes once again.

"im tired too, minjeong. i have my schedules, i have my dance practices, i have my vocal lessons but no matter how tired i am, hurting your feelings is the last thing i want to do to you"

you look at minjeong who is pursing her lips together trying to fight back tears that was about to escape her eyes. you know you're hurting her right now, the last thing you wanted to do.

"i love you minjeong, so much. i don't want to leave, but i can't do this anymore."

"then stay" her heart shattered as she blurt out those words. never once did she ever imagine to say those words to you but the day finally came.

you look at her as her shoulders shook with every sob she lets out.

"i can't" you looked down to the sheets of the bed, your tears staining the sheets.

winter searched for your hands, holding it tight as she pull your hands towards her face. you pulled away, making winter eyes widen. you shook your head and stood up grabbing your puffer jacket.

"please, we can save us. we can save this"

"minjeong, i can't save us by myself, and i don't think there's nothing of us worth to save anymore" you said putting a hand through the sleeve.

"you won't have to do this by yourself, i'm here. i will treat you bett—"

"enough, minjeong. you can't even reply to my texts and you want to try and save us? please just—" you sigh, can't even finish your sentence due to how tired you were.

"goodluck with whatever you're up to with your group" you said brushing pass a crying winter.

"don't leave me, please" you heard minjeong whisper under her sobs. hearing that made you want to hug her and tell her it's going to be okay, just like how you would whenever a fight happen but this time, you know nothing is going to be okay.

"please" her voice cracked, her hands that were covering her face went down to her chest as she grabbed a handful of her shirt, her knuckles turning white.

"i'm so sorry" minjeong cried her heart out as she heard the door slam shut, hating the fact that it's really over now. there's no more you and her starting from tonight.