xxviii. dementors

Começar do início

That was quite a sight. Callie had never seen the boys wake up. She didn't even know Regulus would have morning hair. She thought he was too perfect for that. Turned out, not even a Black was safe from such a mess.

"Breakfast is ready. Eat while it's still warm." She passed the plate to the four who started sitting. "Then, we get ready. We have to get out of here as soon as we can."

If their timer hadn't begun, well, it had. They were now racing against time.

They ate their breakfast, sparking conversations until they were finished. Sirius complained about taking a bath but since there was nowhere to bathe in. So they just changed clothes, something comfortable for a long ride.

They folded the tent, put out the fire, and hid every evidence that someone had been there. Remus led the way out. But they didn't go to the centre of Diagon Alley. It would still be fresh in people's minds what happened the last day. So they remained hidden through the back of every shop, walking outside the place.

Callie said they have to get a train to Yorkshire. The nearest train was outside. They had to get out to the crossroad, get to Kings Cross and board a train.

They managed to get out to the Charing Cross Road unscathed much to their relief. But the busy streets of London greeted them. At least they weren't wanted thieves there.

"Oh no." Two words from Callie and the five boys were alarmed.

"What is it?" Regulus asked.

"We don't have muggle money to get into transportation."

"What?" Sirius asked in disbelief. "Just a reminder, we destroyed Gringgots, the only place we can change our galleons into muggle money."

"I know. And I, again, stupidly did not add that to the equation!" Oh god, what do we do? Callie wanted to tear up at her stupidity, once more.

"Wormtail and I figured that out," said Remus, looking at their exasperated faces. "When you were in the vault, Peter remembered you told us before we will need to go out in the muggle world. So, we went in to exchange most of what we have to muggle money."

Callie couldn't explain the relief and gratefulness she had for them. "You saviours, thank you!"

Right at that moment, they saw a cab available for hire. Remus hailed the cab but only three passengers can get on. It stopped in front of them and Remus turned to Callie.

"I know my way around. Let's meet at the station." He put in her hand the cash they could use to pay.

Callie nodded in agreement. "Who are with me?"

Regulus immediately walked to her side followed by Sirius. He wouldn't dare leave his brother so it would be better if he was with them. Surely, those two would need adult supervision. And he was already an adult by then. Adult by age.

"Okay. We'll go."

James, Peter, and Remus nodded as the three took the cab. Regulus opened the door for her so even though she was hesitant, she got in. Because of that, she was unable to see Sirius' smirk as he made his way to the gunshot ride. Regulus followed beside her.

Waving her hand to say goodbye, the three replied with the same gesture and off the cab drove.

"To Kings Cross, mister," she told the driver who nodded and drove to the said location.

After they were complete at the Kings Cross Station, they board the train. Remus, Peter, and James took one side whilst the remaining three were on the other.