Chapter 3

7:24 am, hallway

I lean against the locker next to Aneira's and look at the phone in my hands. "So, how'd it go yesterday with Miguel?" Aneira spoke, breaking the silence between us. "It went fine, found out a lot of things about the group, also, Levi and you are a thing?" I asked, looking at her.

"Yeah, have been for a while now, I'm assuming Miguel told you that?" She replied, closing her locker. "Actually, he didn't, we saw Ya'll making out at the bleachers by the baseball field, he was showing me it because I wanted to join." I joked, walking alongside her. Her face turned a light shade of pink, which made me laugh.

"I'm kidding! Yes, Miguel told me." I said, still laughing. "I also do baseball, tryouts are next week, maybe you could come practice with me this afternoon, Levi's going to watch us because we are going somewhere after. "She offered.

"Sure! I would love to!" I took the offer, but then the warning bell rang, so we both walked to our classes, I had science, and she had social studies. Thankfully, I made it into class before the final bell rang, so I wasn't late. I sat down at my desk and hung my bag on the back of my chair. I looked around, but Miguel wasn't there. The teacher took attendance and began giving us some information on what we should do for our research projects, and what they should look like. As the teacher was explaining, Miguel bust in through the door, and looked at the teacher.

"Miguel... can you explain why you are late?" Mrs. Jacobs asked the boy, who was walking towards our table. "I didn't want to be here, but my dad said he would fist fight me if I didn't go." He replied, sitting in the seat next to me. The teacher rolled her eyes and continued with the lesson.

"What do you have next hour?" Miguel asked me, nudging my arm. "I have social studies, why?" I replied, not looking up from the board.

"I have art, I hate it, want to skip?" He asked, looking at me. I sighed and looked back at him. "No, I can't risk my grades going down." I responded, looking back at the teacher.

"Okay, get your laptops out of your bags, and you guys can start doing some research." The teacher spoke, sitting down at her desk. "We picked the topic of chemical reactions, so I'll start doing some more research on it, you do the same, and take notes about the most important stuff you find." I spoke, in which he nodded in response.

"Hey, since we will be around each other a lot, maybe I could actually meet your parents?" Miguel suggested, writing something down in his notebook. "Sure, that would be nice, I'll introduce you to them sometime this week, you free tomorrow?" I said, writing some notes down.

"Sure, why not tonight though?" He asked, glancing over at me. "I'm busy, turns out that baseball tryouts are next week, so me and Aneira are going to practice. Hey, maybe you could come watch with Levi! He needs someone to talk to, so he doesn't die of boredom or something." I laughed lightly.

"Miguel and Noelle, please try and at least talk quieter, people are trying to research." The teacher said, glaring at us. We both looked at each other and started laughing quietly. I looked at the clock, and noticed the bell was going to ring, so I began putting my stuff in my bag. Miguel did the same, and the bell rang. Everyone stood up and got out of their seats, and then out of the classroom. I walked down the hallway, Miguel by my side, and saw Aneira talking to Levi, so I walked towards them.

"Hey Aneira!" I said with a smile, and saw her turn around to look at me, a smile also on her face. "Hi Noelle! Hi Miguel!" She exclaimed, giving me a hug. "So, when we go practice some more later today, Miguel is going to come watch, so that Levi isn't alone." I said, glancing over at Levi, who was talking to Miguel.

"Thats great!" Aneira smiled. We all talked for a few minutes, then the warning bell rang, so we all walked to our classes. "Bye Miguel, see you at lunch." I said with a smile.

"Bye Elle." He said, walking away.

Elle? I never told him that was my nickname..