1

"Hey, honey can you pick Pru up from daycare today? I don't know if I'm going to be done in time?"

"But you assumed that I was because my job is what desk duty and not as important as yours." Ben retorted.

"What is your deal lately? You dislike everything or do you just dislike me?" Miranda snapped buttoning her shirt.

Ben rolled his eyes, "I'm not doing this with you." He responded coming out of the bathroom and fixing his shirt.

"You haven't been doing anything with me other than arguing Ben Warren."

"Okay, Miranda."

"No, don't okay me. I will pick her up my dam self. You need to be prepared to speak your mind when we get home though."

"Miranda I said I'll do it."

"Nope, I will reschedule my surgery to go pick her up. I can do it myself"

"Good." He pushed.

"Good." She returned grabbing her purse and walking out of their room.

Miranda grabbed her cup to make her smoothie and she couldn't push down the tears that were welded up in her eyes. Tuck and Joey were gone and dropped Pru off at school, so it was just them in the house.

She grabbed her spinach and kale placing them in her blender. Before grabbing cut-up frozen bananas, mango chunks, and orange juice.

Ben walked into the kitchen and he saw Miranda wipe her eyes as she put the yogurt in the blender and he felt bad. He never wanted to be the reason she cried.

"Miranda I'm sorry." He said walking closer to her.

"No, you're not. You say that and then will treat me the same way tonight or the next day. I don't know where this mean man is coming from. I watch you with the kids and everything is fine but all your anger is reserved for me. I don't know what I have done for you to treat me this way. I'm your wife and right now you hate me."

"Miranda..." Ben voiced, reaching out he placed his hand on top of hers and she snatched away from him.

"I'm late for work." She lied, not looking him in the eyes as she grabbed her briefcase and jacket walking out of the door.

Ben wiped his hand over his face and blew out a breath. "Dam." He sighed.

Miranda drove to work and she let a few more tears fall. "God this is stupid." She sniffled before pulling herself together. She turned some music on and continued with her commute to the hospital.

Grabbing her bag and purse she got out of her car and turned around before shutting her door.

"Ahh," Miranda yelled dropping her drink as she faced a man with a full mask on his face, wearing all black.

He pulled a gun out of his pocket and pointed it discreetly at her.  "Follow me now. Don't alarm anyone or you die." The voice gritted calmly not wanting to call attention to himself.

"Please do not hurt me" Miranda whispered scared out of her mind. Her heart was pounding erratically.

"Walk." He ordered and gestured with the gun. Miranda nodded her head and walked forward from her car. She kept walking and looking over her shoulder.

Walking across the street she waited for the next instructions. "Get in the car."

"I can't get in this car with you. Please don't do this." Miranda replied.

"Get in the car."

"No

"Dr. Bailey. I don't want to hurt you."