xxi. beth wildfire

BETH WILDFIRE

╔═*.·:·. .·:·.*═╗
chapter twenty-one

"what is that?" erica gagged.

"there's something in there." mike stated.

"yeah, no shit." said sage. "how do we get it out?!"

"keep her talking. keep her awake, okay?" jonathan stood up and started running to one of the restaurants in the food court and found a wooden spoon and knife from behind the counter. he heated the knife up on the stove.

"hey, hey, hey." mike tapped the girl, "stay awake, stay awake. let's get her on this side, get her on this side."

"can you stop repeating stuff, stop repeating stuff." sage spoke with no reply.

"it's uh— you know, it's not actually that bad" she babbled, "there was a... the goalie on my soccer team, beth wildfire, this other girl slide into her leg, and like the bone came out of her knee. six inches or something, it was insane!"

"robin."

"yeah?"

"you're not helping."

"i'm sorry."

at that point, jonathan had gotten back, "okay. alright, el?"

her friends grabbed her hands.

"this is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" he warned.

"okay." she sobbed.

"i need you to stay real still." jonathan demanded, "here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?"

she nodded, taking the spoon between her teeth and biting down.

he hesitantly held the blade up to her wound.

"holy shit, holy shit." said dustin.

"do it." said mike.

"okay." jonathan took a deep breath, piercing into the girls skin.

eleven let out a muffled scream, and sage squeezed her hand.

"oh shit!" dustin repeated once jonathan was done slicing.

jonathan took a deep breath and put a glove on. then he reached into her leg through the cut, trying to grab whatever was moving in there.