iii. totally tubular

TOTALLY TUBULAR

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
chapter three

sage sat in her room, suiting up into her halloween costume. she was being her own version of one of her favorite superheroes— wolverine.

then, she snuck into her mothers room and stole her concealer, once she was back in her own room, she pulled her left sleeve up, and put some of the makeup on her wrist. covering the number,

009

"sage, come on!" max yelled.

"coming!"

"i'm going to scare them." she smirked once sage walked over. she was dressed as michael myers.

"of course you are, max." sage laughed. "now let's go!"

when they got there, the boys were talking about nougat, and max ran up to them with her fake knife. they all screamed and sage trailed behind her sister, laughing.

"holy shit! you should have seen the look on your faces." max chuckled, pulling up her mask and high fiving sage. she turned to lucas. "and you? who screams like that? you sound like a little girl."

max started walking away, and as always, sage ran after.

max turned around when she didn't hear any movement behind her, "hey, you guys coming, or not?"

"oh, i heard we should hit up loch nora." sage added. "that's where the rich people live, right?"

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"yes! i got a three musketeers!" sage yelled.

dustin turned to his friends. "see, she's with me."

neither one of the girls even asked what he meant by the comment.

"another full - sized. like, seriously, rich people are such suckers." dustin rummaged through his bag, "oh, wait. you guys aren't rich... right?"

"no." max laughed. "we live up old cherry road."

"oh."

"no it's fine, the roads good for skating. and sage has this super cool reading spot in the woods—"

she covered her mouth and laughed, "secret reading spot, max!"

"sorry!" she whispered.

"that's totally tubular." dustin said in a weird voice. "did i say that right or is it like tubular?"

"it's like totally tubular." lucas added.

"i have no idea why we're talking about this, but anyway, it's tubular." sage said in her best surfer voice.

they all laughed. "what a gnarly wave, dude." lucas laughed.

"stop. my ears are hurting." max laughed.

when sage realized two members of the group were missing, she turned around.

"are you guys coming?" she asked.

"no." mike answered quickly. he stopped for a second. "wolverines not a girl, you know, neither is michael myers."

sage rolled her eyes and ran back to max, lucas, and dustin. she decided she didn't like the freckled boy all that much.

they started going to more houses and soon realized that mike was now walking alone.

"where's will?" dustin asked.

"he's right—" mike started. "will?"

they started searching for him until somebody found him sitting by a brick wall, shaking and looking terrified.

mike grabbed his shoulders. "will! what's wrong? i couldn't find you. are you hurt?"

but will just kept looking around and whimpering. sage felt an uneasy feeling. a feeling she had felt before.

"i'm gonna bring you home, okay?" mike said. "i'm gonna get you home. hold on."

he got will up and dustin tried to help.

"i got him!" mike yelled. he eyed sage. "keep trick - or - treating. i'm bored anyways."

"what's wrong with him?" max asked and lucas and dustin just looked at each other.

"me and max are going to head home, too." sage spoke. "we'll...see you guys tomorrow."

"yeah, bye."

AUTHORS NOTE
sorry for the short chapter, but i split this episode into two chapters. <3