xiii. the missing lifeguard

THE MISSING LIFEGUARD

╔═*.·:·. .·:·.*═╗
chapter thirteen

"it's gonna start pouring soon." said max, "we should be at the mall, or like, watching a movie or something."

"you don't believe me?" sage asked.

"i believe you saw some super weird stuff, totally, but maybe billy just... sensed you.. somehow." she said.

"but the screams."

"yeah, i know, but here's the thing. when billy is alone with a girl, you know they make like really crazy noises."

"they scream?" el asked.

"yeah, but, like... happy screams."

"happy screams? what is happy screams?"

"it's just... i'm just gonna lend you my moms cosmo."

sage laughed.

then they made it to their house, "his cars not here." max said.

"you really want to do this?"

sage nodded.

*.·:·. .·:·.*

they walked into his room, "why do i get the feeling we're gonna find all kinds of wrong in here?"

max walked over to his nightstand and opened his drawer. "ugh. gag me with a spoon." she quickly closed it.

sage laughed and walked into the bathroom. her brows furrowed in confusion, "is that... ice? why is it in the tub?"

"i don't know, maybe it's for his muscles or something. he works out like a maniac." max replied.

el turned around and looked at the cabinet under the sink. it had blood on it. she walked over and opened it, pulling out his trash can.

max walked forward, "el, what is it?"

el then pulled somebodies lifeguard fanny pack from the garbage can, then she pulled out a whistle. it was covered in blood.

sage and max turned to each other in confusion.

else breath trembled and they went to get their raincoats.

*.·:·. .·:·.*

the girls parked their bikes at the front of the pool.

"excuse me." max spoke to the two workers at the front desk.

"no one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike." he said unenthusiastically, not even looking up, "and don't try and argue with me. you want to get electrocuted, go climb a tree."

"yeah we don't care, we're not here to swim. or get electrocuted."

el pulled the fanny pack out of her pocket and held it up to them, "we found this."

they didn't say anything for a few seconds, "so, is that any of yours?" sage asked impatiently.

"oh, yeah. that's heathers." he answered, "i'll get it back to her."

"we could give it back to her." said el.

"you could. 'cept she's not here. bailed on me today." he said glumly.

the girls turned to each other.

"what is this?" he started, "you girls want a reward or somethin?"

sage rolled her eyes.

"nope, we're just... good samaritans." max joked, and the girl behind the desk smiled at her.

el turned around and started walking to heathers picture.

"heather. do you think you guys can find her?" max asked.

max turned on the showers and sage taped up goggles for el. she put them on.

"what do you see?" max asked.

"a door. a red door." el replied.

el quickly tore the goggles of. max jumped to her.

sage started hearing ringing in her ears. she looked around. then it started getting louder. she could always hear everyone's thoughts, but these ones were louder then they'd ever been. it was seven words.

a scream, "help!" and a familiar voice saying "it will all be over soon." billy.

then sage couldn't take it anymore, and everything was black as the girl fell to the ground.

AUTHORS NOTE

so yeah!!

do you guys like sage? let me know if there's anything you want me to add to her character <3