Chapter 3: Flock

Dante watches over the sleeping May in X-Hel's medical facility. After he survived that whole ordeal three days ago, he collapsed right then and there. The two of them couldn't even get a slice of pizza together. The medical staff assure Dante that May is perfectly fine and will make a full recovery, but Dante can't help but worry. It's a rarity to find new recruits capable of handling even category 1's, let alone 3.

As he leaves the facility, he encounters a delivery guy waiting for him with a steaming pizza. The young delivery guy looks down at the receipt. "Are you... Dante... sir?" He asks with a slight quiver in his voice. "That's me!" Dante slips him the cash and yoinks the box out of his hands.

Dante tries to eat his lunch when he's interrupted by Barbara. "Hey, shouldn't you be in the meeting?" She scolds him. "What meeting?"

She sighs. "The meeting with all legend rank hunters? Just get your ass to the meeting."

"Do I have to?" Barbara shoots a sharp glare at him. "Fine... I guess I'll go."

"I wasn't asking."

Dante makes his way to one of the topmost floors of the building and kicks his way into the meeting room. Inside is a room that looks like the furthest thing from a meeting room possible. Originally, it was a boring old, gray room with a round table, office chairs, a projector, everything you'd expect. But since this room is used exclusively by the legend ranks, it wasn't long before it was completely changed to suit the tastes of each individual legend, to the point where the room feels more like a dormitory with too many people in it.

Dante walks over to his side, where he has a nice, reclining leather chair, with cupholders and a coffee table next to it. Dante drops the pizza box on the table, reclines into his cozy chair and places his refreshing beverage into the holder. He takes a delicious slice of pizza and takes his first bite.

He looks to the other legends already in the room. To his right is Shizuha. Title: Red Moon. He meditates on a traditional tatami mat, wearing white robes. For such a mountain of a man, he tends to be very restrained. On his back is his iconic sword, Akashi. He got that blade from his time at the Japanese branch of X-Hel, his hometown, before transferring here. Since then, he's adorned his massive, red sword with many gemstones, each of which was originally a demonic weapon in its own right. Today, he isn't wearing his white, demon mask, another of his demonic weapons. His right arm has been corrupted into a twisted form after many years of battling demons. Suddenly, he wakes from his slumber. He reaches inside his robes and takes out a notepad and pen, no doubt writing some kind of haiku or poem.

To Dante's left is Sekhmet. Title: Lady Death. She wears a unique zip down, black and gold jacket that rests right on her chest, revealing her tanned, six-pack abs. The jacket also has a collar the reaches all the way up to her mouth, and sleeves that go directly into gloves that are sewn into the jacket. She lazes around on a massive sofa. Pining for her attention are three other, attractive women. Each one, Sekhmet's demon weapon.

Next to her is Freya, sitting on that floating chair of hers, turning her nose at all the peasants beneath her. Title: Thorned Rose. She wears a bright and extravagant red dress, tons of makeup and stockings. She doesn't wear any shoes since she never needs to steps down from her hovering throne. Usually, she has her legion of human and demon slaves following at her every beck and call. For once, she decides to be marginally more modest. Freya catches Dante looking at her and does a little wave. Dante turns away as quickly as possible.

At the head of the group is old man Antonidas, Oldest and most fearsome of the legends, easily deserving the moniker of the leader of the devil hunters. His other title: Blood God. His years of experience made him perfect for the role of leader of the legends. He wears an eyepatch and his demon arm of choice is the white and red gauntlet on his right arm. He adjusts the massive admiral's jacket hanging off his shoulders and begins the debrief.