Chapter 1 - A Whale and His Crew

Start from the beginning

Gwen: "Damn..."

I didn't waste anymore time. I stole the keys to my shackle, a gun just in case, and made a run for it. I was so tired, but I wouldn't let myself stop.

"I heard a scream!" "Down here!"

Gwen: "Crap..."

I darted into the first room I spotted and shut the door, heaving a silent sigh.

Head Chef: "The hell?!"

I turned back around to see I was in the kitchen. I held the gun up, pointing it at the group of chefs.

Gwen: "Nobody move... You're all gonna stay nice and quiet."

The only way off this ship is the sea, in which case...

Gwen: "Need... something to float on..."

"Captain Segawa, E.C has escaped!"

Segawa: "WHAT DID YOU SAAAY?!! Find her! There's no way off this ship!"

I spotted a big barrel and pointed at one of the chefs.

Gwen: "You, throw that against the wall."

"But I-"

Gwen: "Hurry up! Or I'll kill that one!"

I pointed the stolen gun to a young lad standing in fear by the dishes.

Head Chef: "*sigh* Just do as she says. She can't escape with the officers outside."

I was of course bluffing about killing someone, but I needed any leverage I could get. He crept over, threw the barrel against the wall and it broke open. Booze sloshed all over the floor, but all I needed was half the barrel.

Gwen: "Good, now here's what you're all gonna do... Stand facing that way and count to... two hundred before you turn around again..."

"Hey, did you hear that crash?" "It came from the kitchen!"

They begrudgingly did what I said as I grabbed a piece big enough to float with, ditched the gun, and hid behind the door. Two officers came in to see all the chefs facing the other way.

"What's going on in here?" "Did a little girl come in here?"

Before they had a chance to say anything, I snuck behind the officers and ran out the door.

"Hey, answer us!" "What's wrong with you all?!"

Gwen: 'Good, they didn't notice me.'

Running around with this sea prism around my neck was difficult and tiring , but I had to power through!

Gwen: 'Got the keys, got something to float with... time to get the hell out of here.'

I made it up on deck, but a group was waiting outside for me with guns.

Gwen: "The hell...?!"

Segawa: "I want her alive!"

I smiled, now knowing they weren't gonna shoot me.

Gwen: 'I can work with this...'

"She's smiling, captain! I don't think you should have said that...!"

Segawa: "I don't care who, just SOMEONE bring that cocky brat to me NOW!"

Marine Crew: "SIR!"

They all dove for me at once, but I was small, so I managed to slip past them. I ran upstairs and ducked under the guy trying to grab me at the top. I couldn't help but smile as I made him slip and fall head first down the stairs into the officers behind me.