"I- I can't?" The words are uttered in confusion, causing Alice to edge closer to the couch as if she sought the silent comfort of her friend, while somewhat shielding her body.

Behind the dazed looking female, Jasper presses a soothing kiss to the dark locks of her hair. He loops his other arm around and clasps his fingers together as he pulls Alice backwards into his embrace with a gentle murmur that only she can hear, leaving the darker haired female confused and worried in return for her friend. But soon the concern dissipates as a lightness fills the very air around them. The somber sensation fading to the sudden calm which lingers above the three, managing to ease the brunette's tense form.

"Alice?" Lorraine stretches just enough to grab ahold of her hand, which instantly curves slender fingers through her own. The caution in her voice is one of muddled apprehension for the other. "I think you're close to having a panic attack. So, for my sake, please calm down."

Her soothing voice is enough to get the two before her to relax a bit.

"And besides, you don't have to stress so much over me. I'm in minor good condition and working to get even better. But I am completely fine now, alright."

The stoic stare Jasper sends her causes Lorraine to pause as she thinks on rewording her response. He releases Alice to settle himself on the closest chair beside the couch, just before the coffee table in front of her. "I wouldn't say completely fine."

"Okay, you're right. But still, I am not afraid because I'm here now, somewhat whole and with my loved ones." Lorraine says back with a look of her own. "Now, can we all just get back to watching television."

"Fine, but only if you'll accept these rules." Alice tells her with a no-nonsense tone once she steps back to plop down atop the waiting Jasper's lap, all while staring deeply into Lorraine's rolling eyes. Her face is blank for a moment before she continues. "Number one, if you feel any pain I'm taking you to Carlisle for a check-up. Number two, you won't argue needlessly over me helping you with mundane things."

"Mundane things? What are you talk- no... No, no I can go to the bathroom myself, thank you very much. I won't be needing any assistance for that." Lorraine waved away the brunette's frown. "I am not asking for help to go use the bathroom, Alice. I won't."

"We'll see about that, now." The pixie-like female pushes onward. "Number three, Jasper, and I will be picking up your assignments and writing down notes, until you come back. We'll be bringing them here."

"Or I could have Dad and the boys take me to your place?" The hopeful look dancing on her face tells them just how much she wished to get out of the house and into society once again. "I've missed your mom's cooking too, I'll admit. None of us can cook here and I am not wanting to get any chubbier on Ponderosa Steakhouse's meals by the time winter comes rolling in- God knows I'll just hibernate."

Alice held a decisive look on her face, swaying on the silent blonds lap as she did.

"It wouldn't hurt her getting out of the house," Jasper speaks up then, glancing from Alice's face and then to Lorraine's. He watches the slight frown on his partner's features dissipate. "Esme's been wanting to check in on her and Carlisle will be available if he's needed."

"See, even Jazz thinks it'll be good for me." The barely contained joy causes a concealed smirk on said man's lips to flicker before disappearing completely. "Come on, what's the worst that could happen."

"Don't. Say. That." Alice leans over to swat at Lorraine's right arm, softly.

A chuckle passes Lorraine's lips, and she nods distractedly at the other's orders. She closes her eyes for a moment and just simply lets herself live in the present, seeming to slouch comfortably onto the cushy couch and snuggle under the soft comforter that Alice had practically rolled her into. The brief period of silence causes her partial worry for her friend's near panic attack eases away and she gives a low exhale, laying her head back against the small hill of pillows stuffed beneath her inky tresses of hair.