Chapter 26.5 - Six Months? 2.5

SHE MOVED HER THUMB.

I GOT SHOCK AT FIRST  and stared at her for a long time. But then, i came to my senses. "Babi, is this for real?! You totally moved your finger?!" I said happily. I'm having mixed emotions right now. I want to scream, jump and cry. I'm so happy with her little movement! "If you can really hear me, move your thumb again!" She then moved her thumb, but slowly.

I panicked and called for a doctor.

Tito, tita, Zoe, Kim and Joshua came into the room with the doctor.

"What happened Janella?!" Tito asked, panicking. "Jane moved her thumb!" His panicking and worried look on their faces faded.

They smiled happily and cried happily.

Six whole months with no signs of improvement, and now, this?

You really are full of surprises, Jane Florence De Leon.

"She looks like she's going to wake up soon." The doctor said. We sighed in relief while Joshua screamed, "WHOOO!!!" out of happiness and excitement.

We are all excited.

"She's recovering now, but just like i said 6 months ago, she may have so--"

"We all know what could possibly happen, but please don't say it again. We're prepared for what's gonna happen next. Let us celebrate her first improvement." Tita Evelyn said.

The doctor agreed and left with the nurse.

"I'll treat you all a wine!" I said. "Just two bottles of wine though." I added, then let out a giggle.

Tito and tita laughed awkwardly.

Well, i felt like tito Arthur and tita Evelyn are treating me a bit colder, 2 months after the incident happened.

I don't take that treatment seriously, 'cause they almost lost their daughter.

Maybe because they think it's on me.

Well anyways, i don't want any drama to happen right now. We're supposed to celebrate Jane's first improvement.

I walked to the nearest market and bought two pricey wines.

When i got back to Jane's hospital room, they are already eating.

Good thing, Joshua bought me some.

"Janella, sakto dating mo. I bought you a food bago tayo mag shot ng wine." He said. I sat in a chair and ate what Joshua gave me.

It's delicious.

"Janella, iha, can you please give us some alone time muna nina Jane? Kahit isang araw lang iha." Tita Evelyn said.

"Evelyn." Tito Arthur said, calling tita's name.

I have no idea on what's happening right now.

Zoe looks shock too.

They never treated me this way.

"What? It's just that, palagi ka na kasing nandito iha. We felt na wala na kaming privacy ng anak ko eh, kaya kung pwede lang sana iha?" I nodded since i understand her.

"Copy tita." I said.

"Don't worry Janella, we're gonna go sa ocean park kung gusto mo, just to libang you." Kim suggested.

"Kim, Joshua and Zoe are free to visit anytime. I'm just  prohibiting only Janella." H-huh?

Why me?

What did i even do?