Ch. 14 Properly Started (Takao's Ending)

Y/N's POV

The sports hall is filled with cheers, the ball just has entered the ring and the score changes, adding another point to the shooter team and also bring their victory.

Referee: Vapor Swords has won the game!

I look down at the players as they all celebrate with one another. Just then, a certain dark-haired player looks my way and smiles while waving his hands. Takao looks proud that his team won the game.

Years have passed, Takao still plays basketball along with Midorima and the other Kiseki no sedai members. I'm currently studying as a university student. I often meet and hang out with Takao or watching his games.

As I walk into the hall and find the sword vapors team members, I head their way but stopped the moment I see their fans have surrounded them, especially they Have Kise san. But just in a few minutes the crowds were splitted as Kise san go to a girl on the other side of the hall, it's his roommate and childhood friend.

I turn my gaze back to look for Takao san and I found him being surrounded by his fangirls. I stop moving and stay where stand. It's not like a rare thing to see Takao san being surrounded by girls, he is a famour basketball player after all, but still, whenever I see him in this situation, my heart clenches.

I shouldn't feel like this... I'm the one who keep our relationship to stay as friends...

Yes, though we often meet and hang out, he and I are just friends. As I'm in a deep thought, the sound of someone's running my way makes me look up. Takao san is in front of me by now with smilling happily.

Takao: how is it? did I play well?

But then again, whenever my mind is in a deep thought, he manages to pull me back. he holds both of his hands in front of me for a high five. It's always like this, I can't help but to smile. I tap his hands lightly.

Y/N: yes, you did well... you always did... congratulation on winning...

He looks happy with the compliment. As we are talking, we just realized that we're surrounded by some of his fans.

Girl1: Takao san! she always watches you play...

Girl2: Takao san you look close with her, who is she?

Girl3: Is she your girlfriend?

that question...

As we often spend our time together, we sometimes encounter that question. When someone asks us this, Takao san always answers with the same words. Takao smiles as he puts his hand on my shoulder and turns our body around facing away from his fans. But as we walk to the exit, he looks back and speaks.

 But as we walk to the exit, he looks back and speaks

Takao: Soon~

Soon...

That is the word he always says when someone ask him that, in the last four years. Just like how he told me back then at the park, he'll give me time but will still pursue me. he never cross the line.