9. I'm Sorry I can't

■Y/N's POV■

"Takao: please, be okay, please..."

I feel a slight pain in my head, slowly I open my eyes and the sudden light surprises me, making me brings hand to cover my eyes.

When my eyes can finally adjust the light and my sight became clearer, I fiund out that I'm in my room. The door slides open and Nonoka enters the room, eyes widened as she sees me.

Nonoka: Oh my god! Thank goodness you're awake...

Nonoka runs to my side as I tried to sit, she helps me to fix my position. Nonoka brings a glass of water for me to drink.

Nonoka: how are you feeling? Is your head in pain? Gosh, you fell and your head scrapped something sharp, probably branches. It makes a small cut but the blood is quite a lot you almost make me faint as well...

Y/N: I'm sorry Nonoka... I'm not careful enough...

Nonoka: it's not your fault... Minami said she tripped and bump onto you... and you guys just had to be near a small ravine...

Nonoka calls the doctor and she checks on me. Thankfully there's no serious injury. After she checked on me, the nurse left some ointment for some scratches on my arms and legs before leaving the room.

Nonoka helps me to put the ointment on my wound, it stings. Thankfully the treasures hunt still running, they didn't stop it because of the accident, if they did, I'll feel guilty and so does Minami san.

Just then, I remember Takao's voice telling me that I'll be okay. The faint memories of Takao's back as he runs through the wood came into my head.

Is it... really him?

Y/N: Nonoka?

Nonoka: yes, is anything wrong? Anywhere hurt?

Nonoka looks so concerned and I shook my head no.

Y/N: I um... Nonoka... who helped me from the ravine?

Nonoka looks stunned and she looks away, she continues applying the ointment on my wound. The silence that came from her give me a clear idea about who might the person that help me be.

Y/N: Nonoka... is it... Takao?

.
.
.
Silence
.
.
.
.
Silence
.
.
.
.
.

Y/N: Nonoka-

Nonoka: yes... it's him... so what?

It's really is him...

Nonoka looks troubled. Our eyes met and she looks down before standing and walk to her bed.

Nonoka: I'm pissed... I don't know what to feel...

About what?

Nonoka sits on her bed and told me about what happened earlier.

Nonoka: when Minami came out shouting for help and said that you fell, I swore my body froze, I can't move as worries took over my mind...

Nonoka clenches the bedsheets and she looks at her knees.

Nonoka: but... just when the teacher said that we should wait until the rescue team came... that guy... he run straight into the wood...

Dub dub

Takao san...

Nonoka told me that Takao runs to look for me and he did find me before the teacher. He carried me on his back, running to the exit and when the teacher wanted to take me away from him, he asked them to let him carry me.