Ch 4. Reversed Pain

■Y/N's POV■

We're in the middle of our geographic class, the teacher was explaining the subject when the bell rings. Before leaving our class, the teacher gave us homework and finally dismiss the class.

I'm puttinf my books and stationery in my drawer when Nonoka comes.

Nonoka: Y/N, let's go to the canteen... I want to eat Yakisoba bread... and I Don't bring my lunch box today...

Y/N: ah, okay, let's go...

Nonoka and I walk out of our calls and head to the canteen. But as we about to pass the class next door, Nonoka grabs my hand. I then look ahead and sees Midorima san and Takao san in front if their class.

Takao san looks our way and our eyes met for a brief moment before I avoid his gaze.

Why do I always look away? It's not like he'll be watching me as I walk...

But I just can't help it, seeing him, I still can't bear it, so look away is the only option for now.

I walk as Nonoka leads me and we eventually reach the stairs and go down.

Nonoka: why did he stare at you... it pisses me off...

Takao san did?

Y/N: maybe, it's just a coincidenc-

Nonoka: yeah right... if he wants to rub shit on you, I'll throw him to a shit hole and flush him...

Nonoka always so protective, I know that she can be harsh at time, but she's actually just a caring person. I'm grateful to have someone who thinks about my well being like Nonoka.

I cried myself to Nonoka the day Takao san and I broke up, so it's natural if Nonoka is worried when we pass Takao san. But, I can't keep on making her worry.

I have to get over this... real soon

It brings a smile to my face knowing that I have friend who cares about me.

Nonoka: w-why are you smiling?

I shook my head

Y/N: nothing... I just... want to thank Nonoka... please don't be too worry... I'm not gonna be all sad all the time...

Nonoka: w-whose worried?! Ah, let's just go eat...

With that Nonoka who rarely get flustered, pulls me to walk faster.

Yes...

So that I don't make Nonoka worry...

I...

Have to be happy...

3rd Person POV■

The corridor are filled with students, but Takao's eyes remain locked on the stair where Y/N just climbed down with Nonoka.

Hise eyes waver as he realize how hard it is just to say hello to her. Then he argued with himself inside, does he even have the right to greet her.

Nonoka always prevents the two from interacting, but what hurts him the most is the fact that Y/N always looks away when the two are close by.

Midorima sees that his teammate's complexion isn't good. He can tell what's on Takao's mind. No need to observe, for someone who's been around Takao everyday, Midorima can tell that Takao troubled by the fact that he miss Y/N after what he did to her.

As the two are in the corridor, another person walks out of the class and join them.

Fuyumi: Kazunari~ let's go to the canteen... I want to buy melon bread..