Tree House

TW: Death of character

Roseanne's on her flight back home, anxious on her seat hoping that the plane would miraculously get there faster than the usual.

As nervousness took over her being, she couldn't help but rewind the conversation she had through the phone with her friends last week which is the sole reason of why she's in her position right now.

"Unnie, how's Lisa? Haven't heard from her in a while." She asked Jennie, wondering why Lisa hasn't called her which is unusual for the girl.

"Oh. I haven't seen her these days. I'm sure she's just busy with work, Rosie."

Acceptable. She let it go but didn't expect that it will start a worry in her mind especially when she asked about her again, this time when Ashley called her.

"Unnie, have you met with Lisa these past few days? I'm worried about her."

"Lis? No. Now that I think about it, we promised about seeing each other last month. Oh god, I forgot. Bye Rosie, I better call her now, you know how she is."

She accepted it, again. But not a moment too soon. Her Ashley unnie texted her. "Her phone's disconnected. :("

That moment, Roseanne started a group message with all their close friends. She knows people can be distant sometimes and it's perfectly normal to be out alone but she also knows that Lisa is not the kind of person to do that. And now a disconnected phone?

Roseanne: Guys, when's the last time you've seen or talked to Lisa?

Jennie: Last, last week? Why?

Irene: For a month, I guess? I was busy.

Jisoo: Haven't counted but it's been long. How are you, Roseanne?

Ashley: Guys, I think this is an emergency.

Mina: What? Why???

Minnie: It is. I visited her office yesterday to have our usual Saturday coffee meet but her workmates said she resigned two weeks ago.

-

Jennie and Minnie picked her up at the airport, looking like they haven't slept a wink which only added to her worry.

"Have you visited her apartment?"

"Yes. She's not there. The landlady said she saw Lisa left with a suitcase. What in the hell is going on?" Jennie asked frustrated, her face contorted in confusion and worry.

"I don't know!! You should have noticed this unnie! You two always meet!" Blame, that's all she can do right now to make herself feel better but it didn't. She blames herself too. If only she's here, she would have been notice the changes.

-

Roseanne left her house the moment she put her suitcases in place. She doesn't have any idea what to do or what's happening and why is this even happening. Although not sure why, she decided to go to Lisa's parents' home. No assurance of anything or if she can get any information or clues as to where Lisa is. But she's worth it, she thought.

Relief and unshed tears, that's what she saw in Lisa's mother's eyes. Questions are running through her head. Why? Why the relief? Why the tears? What is happening? She wanted to ask but didn't get the chance to as Lisa's mother took her hand and lead her to Lisa's old bedroom.