I said only two words, so why all the stares and whispers?

"Good," Ms. Enid said. She resumed at the front of the class and started teaching. People were still staring and whispering. Annoyed, I ended up glaring at everyone in the classroom unintentionally.

Class ended an hour and 20 minutes later, and I went to the staff room. I had 15mins to get to Chemistry with Mr. Naths, so I hurried over.

"Is everything that student said true?"

Did she call me to her office to ask me that? There are other teachers in the school. She could've just asked them. That was all I thought while standing by her desk in the middle of the room.

I shook my head.

"Can't you speak?"

I rubbed the back of my neck and avoided her gaze. I wasn't getting why she was acting like that. I answered the question, didn't I?

"Lloyd's a good boy, Enid. He's simply a quiet child." It was my 9th-grade Math teacher to the rescue.

"Although he does have those tendencies," the Physics teacher pitched in.

"What tendencies?" Ms. Enid asked.

"Tendencies? The kid's a demon. Doesn't know his place." I died on the inside at my P.E. teacher's comment. He's always mean for no reason. I thought he'd be nicer after getting married. He's not bad, though.

"Demon?!"

"He just has anger issues," Freshman math argued.

"Anger issues that require police to monitor him," Physics deadpanned. "How many students have we called an ambulance for?"

"The kids were being mean," Freshman math said, "He was having them mind their business."

"He didn't have to strangle the students' necks to do that," P.E. said. "Or fracture their bones."

My head dropped from embarrassment. How am I not expelled?!

"Do you regret what you did?" Ms. Enid asked me.

I paused to think about it. If I said yes, then what about Micheal and Victor? I don't regret what I did to them. If I said no, then I'd look bad.

"Some of them... ?"

The new teacher didn't seem satisfied with my answer. I decided to avoid her gaze.

I looked at my watch and realized 10 minutes had passed. I didn't think I would make it to Chem on time.

"What will you do after you graduate?" She continued. "I can see you're taking the path of science instead of something easy like art."

Honestly, I was a very lonely child when I was younger. Uncle Wu's words, not mine. He'd heard kids like me preferred to be around books more than people. So, one day he got me a book about how trains work. It was a very thick book, by the way. It kept me occupied for months.

And that's how I ended up liking studying physics textbooks. Plus, I could never survive in an art class. What was so easy about writing 1000-word essays about a whale and a pirate? No one I've seen seems happy studying history and government either. What was this person on about?

"I like science... ?"

"Sure," She laughed, "Did you think we were mixing potions or something? Making cool tech out of thin air?"

I stared at this woman laughing at what could be summed up to be a big part of my life. What was wrong with liking science? Why would I think any of that? Potions don't even have anything to do with science.

The staff room got quiet. The other teachers had suddenly found the time to mind their business. Ms. Enid quietened down a bit and cleared her throat. She seemed to be feeling uncomfortable, but I didn't question it.

My head hurt a bit, so I took the silence as my cue to leave. I turned, but then I was stopped.

"Wait."

I turned back. I'm sure it was obvious that I was annoyed by her mockery, but I didn't feel like hiding it. The headache I had was worth focusing on.

"I'm going to be replacing your homeroom teacher. The other students already know, but I'm sure you don't, so I'm telling you. I'll also be teaching biology. Be punctual."

Be punctual, she said. I was minutes late for Mr. Naths chemistry class, and meeting her was not a forgivable excuse.

And it all got worse from there. Remember the nightmare from this morning? It was real. Someone spilled coffee in my bag, and I didn't notice cause it had dried. All the assignments were stained brown and smelled terrible. My bag was worse.

I hadn't picked up on any of that until my free period after chemistry when I opened my bag for the first time today (I keep my notes in my locker and leave the textbooks at home).

I'm still in my free period. In fact, after this, my mother is coming to pick me up. When I get to the volcano, I'll get to the bottom of this. Whoever did this will copy everything out in neat and clear handwriting without any errors.

Damn, my head hurts just thinking about it. Until later.