The monster isnt real

Bucky's POV

"It all started with the death of my parents and little sister." I took a deep breath, and Sam nodded for me to continue.

"James and Emily Barnes." I gave a little laugh. "I'm actually named after my dad, James Buchanan Barnes. When I was born, they saw that I looked so much like him. And I officially got the nickname of Bucky. Anyway, Bobby took a vacation down to Scotland to visit us. As a special surprise he took my older brother, Matt, and me out for some bonding time. At the time, Mackenzie was too little. So, we spent the day together. While my parents, uncle, and Mac stayed at home. Bobby is my godfather."

"That's why he thinks of you as a daughter." Sam concluded.

"Yeah, he's my uncles best friend. But my dad asked him to care for us if something were ever to happen to my parents. When we came home later that night, everything seemed too quite. Bobby was defiantly worried, and his hunter senses kicked in. We walked in, and I saw my dad dead at my feet. I had nightmares for years about that, he was like my superhero. After a check around the house, Mackenzie was killed in her bed, and mum right next to her on the ground. After that, I don't remember much. Just a lot of my brother comforting me."

"Were your parents hunters?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, they were. Great ones too. Once I could talk, I started learning and being able to read Latin. And I read a lot of lore books. From the second I saw them, I knew a monster killed them. Yet, for the longest time, I couldn't figure out what killed them. Eventually, Matt and I came to the understanding that a demon killed them. Bobby stayed with us for a couple weeks, at our uncles'. He couldn't stay though, and left after the third or fourth week of staying with us."

"So you lived with your uncle until you left for the military." Sam stated as a statement.

"Not really actually. Matt and I moved between different family members. Not because they hated us, but because pretty much both sides of my family were hunters. Each time we stayed with someone, Matt and I would learn what they know. And the next family member would take us in. Matt especially wanted to be as good as a hunter as our parents. From hunting with him all my life, I could say he's one of the best. And I've hunted with different people on multiple occasions. As much as we tried, we attended school. But we were always the new kids. So the family members that we stayed with, would teach us on their own. Kind of like homeschooling."

"Oh trust me, I know what the feels like. Dean and I moved around a lot with our dad. Every couple weeks, it would be a new school. It's not easy being the new kid." Sam responded, with soft eyes. Somebody who understood me. Well, at least with being the new kid at school.

"So I'm not totally crazy." I laughed softly. "Well, as we stayed with family, we took as many hunts as we could. Matt and I. We were an unstoppable team. Always had each other's backs, and knew the others weaknesses and strengths. Which defiantly helped durning hunts. Kind of like you and Dean. You know each other so well."

Sam snorted, and relaxed more on my bed. "I try to understand Dean. But he's so closed off. Wanting to keep his emotions to himself. Like he doesn't need me."

"Kind of sounds like me, when I hunted with my brother. I was animate on being as good a hunter as my brother, that I didn't want to seem weak. So, I pulled my emotions in, and fought like a badass. In reality though Sam, I was scared during some hunts. I think your brother is like that. He wants you too see him as a strong hunter, who can take care of himself. On the inside though, I see it. He's just as terrified as you are. His hands clam up, his eyes look in all possible directions at lighting speed. He just wants to protect you."

"Then why is he so closed off? I can help him."

"He's stubborn." I answered plainly.

Sam took a moment of silence, considering what I had just said. In all honestly, Dean is scared of loosing Sam. But more like loosing him again. In the little time I've known them, I pretty much have read their entire past. No, I don't have some weird mystical power. Well that's a lie actually. When Hydra took me...I'll just tell you in a bit.