bandage - y.usagi

you had never been more satisfied.

in a world where you could die at any given moment, it wasn't very stereotypical to feel like this, yet you felt that this was one of the happiest moments of your life.

all because of your girlfriend, usagi.

you unzipped the tent, quietly, as not to wake her up. you just got back from a game that lasted longer than usual, so you needed a well-deserved rest, which happened to be what your motive was at that given moment.

the moment you got inside you carefully lifted the blanket to get under it, trying your best not to wake usagi up, but this was unnesessary.

"y/n?" she asks, half sleeping.

"hey" you reply softly "you still up?"

"yeah. i was waiting for you" she says muffled.

you sigh, embracing her.

"you're okay? you hurt?" she asks, concerned.

"small scratch on the wrist" you reply. " come on, we need to get some sleep for hunting tomorrow"

"no no no i need to bandage it in case of infection" usagi takes her flashlight anf shines it into your wound, evaluating the risk of it.

"really, it's oka-" you began, but she wouldn't hear it.

she took out her first aid box and began doing small stiches onto your wrist with her skilled hands. you admired the way she looked, her beautiful eyes focused on the miniature task in front of her, her lips pursed as she attempts to do her best work, all for you.

"there, all done" she grins.

"thank you love" you kiss her forehead as she lifts up the warm, cozy blanket for both of you to sleep under.

she giggles and burrows her head into your chest, as you both fall asleep, peacefully, listening to the peaceful silence that awakened in the night.

"i love you" was the last thing you heard her say before you fell asleep, feeling as safe and as happy as ever.

and this was your valuable routine - and you would not do a single thing to change it.

_____________________________