"Hello," Leah replied brightly.

"Hi," Evie said. They began to chat as more and more people filled into the space.

"Millie!" Rachel Daly cheered as she spotted her best mate and came running over.

At that minute, Sarina called for their attention.

"Hello everybody! It's good to be back. This is a crucial tournament in preparation for the Euros so I expect lots of hard work from everybody. Schedules have been left in your room please stick to them. Rooms are as follows," Sarina said.

"Leah and Georgia. Millie and Mary. Keira and Lucy. Ella and Alessia. Lauren and Evie."

Evie looked around for Lauren. They made eye contact and Lauren smiled warmly at her. Evie returned the gesture.

Once all the pairings had been called out, they began to head up to their rooms to settle in before dinner.

"See ya later, yeah?" Leah said as she was practically dragged away by Georgia.

"Yeah cya," Evie said before going to find Lauren. She was stood waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey," she said with a smile.

"Hello," Evie responded. They walked up to their room passing small talk as they went.

"So how are you finding life as a professional footballer?" Lauren asked as they both unpacked their suitcases.

"It's mad. There's no other way to describe it," Evie laughed. Lauren chuckled in agreement. She was someone who had also burst onto the scene at a young age, presumably the reason they'd been roomed together.

"Well you're certainly making a bang. Our coach was fuming with how we let you run all over us. He's a bit of an arsehole actually," Lauren said.

The two of them spent time getting to know each other before heading down to have dinner. Lauren was lovely and also really funny so Evie was pleased with how the rooming had worked out.

At dinner she sat with Lauren, Jill, Alex, Ellie and Demi. They were all a friendly bunch and it was a very enjoyable meal. She presumed that it was nerves but the food in front of her seemed way too much and she didn't feel like she could eat it all.

Luckily no one mentioned her lack of food and they all went to hang out in the relaxation space.

"Evie want to play ten questions?" Beth called over from her spot on the floor. Most of the other girls were sat around her, waiting expectantly.

"What's that?" Evie asked.

"Don't feel you have to," Leah said as she stood by her side.

"Basically we ask you ten questions and you have to answer them. Just a fun way of getting to know each other," Beth replied. It sounded harmless so Evie went and joined them. All eyes were focused on her which felt slightly off putting but she tried to ignore it.

"When were you born?" Mary asked.

"The 4th of April 2005."

"2005?!?" they all gasped.

"I made my England debut only a year after that," Jill said, shocked at how young she was.

"Well Jill you are pretty old," Lauren pointed out, making them all laugh.

"Rude."

"Ok next question. The club you support?" said Beth.

"Southampton," Evie answered easily.