She went inside and Freya showed her through to the living room. It was nice and big and the pair sat down on the sofa.

"Mum's at work until late so it's just us," Freya said as she set up Netflix to put on the movie.

It was a very good film and the pair talked a lot as they watched. They kept having to rewind as they were missing parts of the plot.

The film was nearing the end and Evie was leaning her head on Freya's chest. The pair were content as they lay there.

"I've never felt like this with anyone before," Evie said.

"Neither have I," Freya admitted. The two of them had locked eyes and neither of them wanted to break apart.

Freya leant in and placed her lips onto Evie's. It was like an explosion had gone off inside Evie. This felt right and she loved it.

As she walked home that evening, Evie felt on top of the world. She wanted to skip and sing through the streets but in fear of being seen she walked normally, the spring in her step very noticeable.

She got back to the house and realised that she did not in fact have a key. Shit.

She knocked on the door and got no response. This time a bit louder, she knocked again. Footsteps and huffing could be heard through the door.

Leah opened it in her dressing gown.

"You look old," Evie told her as she stepped inside.

"Rude."

"You do."

"God, I do feel like when my mum used to have to let me in as a teenager. This isn't good is it. I'm 24 I shouldn't be at this stage yet," Leah groaned.

"Why don't we go out clubbing?" Evie suggested, kicking off her shoes.

"You're 16 I'm not taking you to a club."

"Such a mum thing to say."

"Shut up."

"You shut up."

***

Evie's good mood went onto the next day. She'd told Leah what had happened but made her promise not to tell the other girls. She'd never hear the end of it that way.

During training they did a running drill where the player behind had to catch the one in front of them.

Evie was rocking it.

"How do those little legs move so fast?" Steph asked as she doubled over, panting.

"It's because I don't have old and creaking limbs," Evie replied.

"The cheek of this girl!" Steph gasped as Evie giggled beside her.

They then split into groups to do a match. Jonas let them pick who they were with and they split into the older ones against the younger ones.

"Wouldn't class you as young," Evie said as Leah came and joined their group.

They were supposed to be busy warming up but they were all laughing and joking around so much, little exercise was getting done.

The oldies were doing a proper warm up much to the younger's amusement.

"Scared are ya?" Lotte called over.

"Their old limbs need more time to defrost," Frida said, making them all fall about laughing.

The game kicked off and the younger one's lack of warm up was costing them. Beth managed to score early on and the over-the-top celebration was enough to make them all laugh.