30 - If Today Was Your Last Day

Start from the beginning

But if he did that, Jay knew he would break the man and if Yoohan was to lose this loveliness because of it...well, that would defeat the purpose of getting Yoohan to this stage in the first place, wouldn't it?

Yes, he had to fight the urge of gauging every pair of eyes that looked at Yoohan longer than they should. Yes, he had to fight the urge to control Yoohan's every move. Yes, he had to fight the urge to chain the man to their bed.

But he could do that as long as Yoohan did not run away from him. Again.

And with Jay controlling himself well, Yoohan could truly enjoy his dream-like vacation.

Honestly, it felt so much like a dream.

He was drowning so much in that dream-like days that he was afraid he would wake up someday, realizing everything was not real. But with every soft breath grazing against his nape, and every pressure against his side, Yoohan would be assured that it wasn't a dream.

That Jay was still there, beside him—all fine and sometimes horny. Most of the time, really.

So when one day he woke up without that soft breath and pressure on his back, Yoohan froze. He roused with a start, sitting on the bed with hardened eyes. He looked to his side, and found the bed was empty.

He reached out to touch the pillow and the blanket. Oh...it was cold. He curled his hand into a fist, if only to hide his shaking fingers.

Yoohan threw the blanket to the floor, hurriedly getting out of bed that he almost stumbled. He walked to the balcony—perhaps Jay was having his morning smoke? No, he wasn't.

He opened the bathroom door—no, the man wasn't there.

He stepped out of the bedroom, looking around the rest of the little cottage they had been rented for the past few weeks. Left and right, left and right.

Nothing.

Yoohan swallowed, hard. His saliva felt like tar.

He walked to the kitchen. Nothing.

He took a breath, and it was shallow. Yoohan walked back to the bedroom then, chest heaved as his lungs struggled to expand. And when he wobbly stepped into the bedroom, when the black eyes laid upon a piece of necklace with the familiar J pendant on top of the drawer, his lungs stopped functioning altogether.

Yoohan clutched the necklace, staring at it with shaking eyes. Even as he tried to breathe, the air seemed to get blocked by a lump in his throat. Within the shaking black eyes, a lot of bad memories flash past; a crashing sound, a bloody wound, a lot of lonely nights.

Again, he tried to breathe as he clutched the GPS-tracker necklace.

Where? Where was the owner of the necklace?

Where is Jay?

Where is...

"Jay!" Yoohan let out a choked scream, holding into the nightstand with bated breath as hot and cold sensations attacked his nape. "Yoon Jay!"

He gripped the necklace tighter, until he felt the edges of the pendant dug into his skin. "Yoon Jay, you fucking bastard! Answer me!"

"Yoohan?"

A voice came from the outside, and Yoohan froze. In his muddled state, he didn't hear the sound of the door opening and closing, or the footsteps that he had grown so familiar with. As he turned around, the tall figure entered the room and greeted him with a smile.

"Oh, it really is your voice. You woke up earlier than usu—"

"Where the fuck did you go?!"

The pale eyes widened at the unexpected outburst. It reminded him of Yoohan when he was gotten stabbed at that time, or the night when they had that argument on the side of the road.