24 - Animals I Had Become

"That's pretty fast," Yoohan commented after listening to Ingyoo's report regarding the first wife.

They had abandoned the game because Kang Jun somehow kept sending his ball off-course. So they moved to a private room inside a restaurant Song Hwa frequented—thankfully it wasn't one of those traditional style places because Yoohan had grown tired of meeting people there.

"My girl said she was quite desperate," Ingyoo said while slicing his steak with a scissor. "She said that woman looked distraught, and from what she gathered before meeting her, it seems like the socialite circles had been brutal to her."

"Heh," Yoohan smirked. "I thought she would be shameless enough to continue as if nothing has happened."

"She could afford to be shameless because Lee Hwal keep indulging her—or at least letting her do what she wanted. As far as his book goes, his first wife did not commit any sins," Song Hwa said.

It was understandable. The Chairman and the first wife weren't really falling in love with each other, and each had their own share of affairs. Asking for a divorce wasn't something remotely wrong, since she already gave him children. So even when she demanded things later, it was fulfilled on the basis that she was the mother of the Group's heirs. And when Lee Wooseok become the apparent successor, her status increased even as an outsider.

"But now, her 'sin' is revealed, and her son was no longer the heir apparent. Her palace is built upon Lee Wooseok, so it crumbled without him."

"But doesn't she have two other children?" Kang Jun, who was apparently too busy to care about the details of other conglomerates' families, asked curiously. "And they are all the eldest, so, shouldn't she still have a chance? And why do you keep skipping my plate, J?"

The bodyguard, who was in charge of grilling their meat, narrowed his eyes and finally put a piece of meat on Jun's plate, before piling up another on Yoohan's. The blonde smacked his bodyguard lightly to stop him from putting meat on his plate and proceed to answer Jun's curiosity.

"She had always been partial to her children. The twin son is incompetent on anything, and HS never considered a female heir before, so she must have thought the only useful one was Lee Wooseok,"

"Let me guess—" Kang Jun paused to swallow the meat before responding. "Her other children don't really like her?"

"Yep," Yoohan nodded, and then busied himself to move the grilled meat into his stomach.

"Oh, oh, there's something else," Ingyoo said suddenly, raising his head from his bowl of mixed noodles. "Apparently, there's a leak saying Lee Wooseok is not the Chairman's son."

Yoohan and Jun raised their brow, and then the rest of the table turned their head toward the bodyguard who was still busy grilling a new batch of meat. Jay looked up for a bit and smirked.

"No," he said. "Unfortunately, it's not me this time."

They stared at the bodyguard dubiously, but there was no reason for Jay to lie about this. If anything, he'd use the fact that he did well to ask for some indulgence from Yoohan.

"Who is it then?" Ingyoo tilted his head.

Yoohan tapped his fingers into the table in contemplation, pondering about the people who possibly knew about this information. This was something so secretive that not even the Chairman knew. Not even Seo Jungeon knew, because if he was, he would have used it to destroy the group already. So there couldn't be a lot of people privy to this matter.

It didn't take him long to arrive at a conclusion.

"Hmm...I think I know,"

* * *