27 - Nothing's Fair in Love and War

Start from the beginning

The video was connected to a conference room, with a few grim-looking men and women. One of the walls had a gold 'Dream Entertainment' carved on it. Among the people there, Yoohan only recognized one person; Chairman Kim.

"It's a board of directors meeting," Yoohan told Jay, and they proceeded to hear about a bunch of other company businesses that Yoohan didn't care about.

The real interesting agenda came up just after Jay finished cooking their lunch, so they could enjoy the 'show' together while eating.

[The last agenda will be regarding restructurization]

At these words, the room suddenly got tense, and Yoohan could see the people there instantly divided into two factions—based on their expressions. And it was clear that one faction was way bigger than the rest.

This big faction belonged to Chairman Kim.

"This looks more like a hearing, no—" Yoohan leaned into his propped hand, narrowing his eyes at the way the people around the Chairman smirked slightly, while the others fidgeted uncomfortably, as if they felt guilty. "It's a mutiny."

The word 'restructure' already showed it. But damn—wasn't the center of the smaller faction the president of Dream Entertainment?

"They're going to sack the Captain," Yoohan arched his brow.

"Oh, kind of like what you're trying to do?" Jay chuckled, taking a piece of meat with his chopstick and delivering it directly to his too-focused master's mouth.

"Mm..."

So it seemed like the old man was trying to take over the company. First by seizing Dream Planning which held a big chunk of Dream Entertainment's shares through cross-holding. And by holding the Dream Project—the one Yoohan put investment into—as a hostage, he pressured the other members of the board to be on his side.

And now he used to get rid of the people who stand against his 'vision' in the company.

"Fucking bastard. He probably wants to freely use the company's talents for sexual favors," Yoohan said with a deep frown.

"Hwadae—isn't it?" Jay commented, again while putting food in Yoohan's mouth.

The old man had been enjoying actors and trainees for his twisted kinks by giving them money and roles in various projects through his influence. Once he could control the agency, however, he could use the talents signed under Dream Entertainment as a high-paid 'courtesan' to his business partner, even politicians.

There must be people who knew his tendency in the inner circle, and thus against the idea of him taking part in management.

And this 'restructuration' was the result.

"Hmm..." Jay tilted his head at the sly-looking old man on the screen. "Although his subordinates and boy toys were getting arrested, he looked shamelessly fine."

"They must be warned not to reveal any of the old man's involvement, and the sick bastard simply cut those people off," Yoohan scoffed. "He could just easily take another pretty boy once he reigns as king in the agency after all."

"Entertainment agency is just a very expensive brothel at this rate,"

"Yeah, if their agency keeps pimping them out," Yoohan sighed, then proceeded to finish his meal in silence while the meeting continued.

One of Chairman Kim's men gave out deliberation on how the current management hadn't been doing well and all that bullshit, which ended up in an ultimatum; either be on their side or get kicked out.