Part 8- She's defiantly not a baby girl!

Kayla Pov-

''You're always welcome here, Kayla.'' Charlie told me and I smiled in politeness. ''Thank you, Charlie. But I don't wanna impose on anything. Besides, my mum text me this morning saying I had to go back home cause Nathan's mum and sister were coming round.'' I shrugged.

''Why do you need to be there?'' Charlie asked. ''I don't even know!'' I exclaimed, looking out of the window of her house. ''Well, Nathan's here so I better get going.'' I shrugged and Charlie smiled. ''Ring me at any time if anything happens!'' She ordered and I nodded. 

I stepped out of her house and walked towards Nathan's car. Before sitting in with him, I waved her goodbye. 

''Good sleepover?'' Nathan grinned. If only he knew why I went there. ''Yeah, it was fun.'' I mumbled, turning away to look out of the window. 

''Are you okay?'' He asked and I nodded briefly. ''Kayla?'' 

I didn't answer him, so I think he took that as a 'shut up.' I didn't mean to always go in a mood with him when my mum had said something, but I guess I just did. ''My er, my mum and sister are coming round to meet you and your mum.'' He stated.

''I know, my mum text me.'' I shrugged. ''Oh, she did?'' He seemed confused but I just nodded. ''I'm sure you'll get on well with Jess, she's fifteen!'' He smiled. ''Awesome.'' I rolled my eyes and put in my headphones.

And I was sat listening to music, in my own world until I felt the car come to a harsh stop. ''What the fuck?!'' I exclaimed, pulling out my headphones and turning around to face him. Nathan sat with an angry expression across his face, but I wasn't afraid of him.

''What the hell is wrong with you?'' He shouted. ''Why are you all of sudden so annoyed with me? I haven't done anything wrong yet you'd think I'd killed your cat or something!'' He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest but I couldn't help but let out a laugh. ''What?!'' He huffed, frowning even more. ''Killed my cat?'' I quoted him, laughing even harder and I saw a slight smile appear on his face. 

He unfolded his arms and faced me. 

''What have I done wrong?'' He asked again, but in a more gentle tone. 

''It's not you.'' I mumbled. ''Then why are you angry at me?'' He questioned, pulling his eyebrows together in confusion. ''I don't know, I'm not. It's just-''

''Come ere!'' He announced, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest. And this is what I wanted. Ever since my mum had said those things, this is what I needed to make me feel better. Just to have him hold me, kiss my head like he did and rub his hand up and down my back in comfort. 

''What's happened?'' He soothingly asked. And I liked how caring his voice was, it wasn't put on like others were; it was genuine. ''I-i can't tell you.'' I stuttered. ''Why not?'' Nathan was getting annoyed again now from his tone of voice, I could tell. 

''Let's just go.'' I tried to change the topic but no, he was too stubborn! ''I am not driving us anywhere until you tell me!'' He insisted and I grumbled to myself. A smirk plastered across his face which caused me to frown.

''Honestly, Nathan I can't tell you!'' I panicked. ''Have you been told you can't tell me?'' He asked, like he knew what had happened. ''Have you been threatened by someone?'' His voice was raised and I started to worry. What if he found out? My mum would kill me!

''Can we just go? Please!'' I whined, not giving in. ''Fine.'' He rolled his eyes and sighed.

''But this conversation is not over!'' He warned, giving me a raised eyebrow before starting up the car again.