Sister Issues, pt. II

Uh...sorry about the long-ass wait! Really. Two months is too much. I'm sorry, guys.

All I can blame is my lack for inspiration - which is why the chapter is so short. :(

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this! Have a great day/night! :))

- - -

Present day:

"We should talk," says Hari. Her expression softens. "We...we need to."

Woojin sighs. He stares at his sister. It's been a few years since he's been taller than her, but it's still so fucking weird. She's older than him, so shouldn't she be taller?

Even when she chased away those boys back in ninth grade, he was taller and bigger than her.

Sometimes, he gets scared, because he knows his bigger size could crush her in an instant. He feels wrong existing in a larger body than Hari's. Mentally, he's as weak as they come. Hari, on the other hand, has had to discipline herself from a young age. She's stronger than he'll ever be.

He hangs his head.

"Let's go inside," Hari gently suggests. "It's cold."

The Jang siblings head inside the noodle shop, immediately finding relief at the heater's warmth pulsating throughout the establishment.

"Annyeonghaseyo," greets Hari quietly, bowing. Woojin does the same.

The man behind the counter bows back.

"A bit late for you youngsters, isn't it? Aigooo, kids these days never seem to be sleepy anymore."

"No, we're just always high on caffeine," Woojin jokes. He grins when he's met with a string laugh.

"Adults too, unfortunately," sighs the man. "They just can't live without their coffee, can they?" He sighs again, setting his hands on the countertop. "Anyways. Is there anything I can get for you?"

"Do you have any fried dumplings?" asks Hari, heading to the counter. She reaches in her pocket, producing a wallet. "They're my brother's favorite."

Warmth instantly flows through Woojin as he hears his sister place the order. He wishes he had his wallet so he could return the favor and buy her some tasty ramen.

"Of course!" the man cheerily replies. "It wouldn't be a suitable noodle shop without them. Will that be all, sweetheart?"

Hari, with a barely noticeable grimace, nods.

"Yes."

"All right. It should be ready in about five minutes."

When the man turns and heads into the kitchen, Woojin crosses his arms, narrowing his eyes.

"Is it really that bad if anyone calls you 'sweetheart'?" he whispers.

Hari visibly shudders.

"I hate being called that."

Woojin rolls his eyes.

"He's just being nice."

They find a table for two in the corner of the shop, where they sit down. Woojin leans back, resting his head on the wall, as Hari leans forward on her elbows.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?"

Hari sighs, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"About our fight."

Woojin closes his eyes as his body tenses. Every time he remembers, he wants to run again. He wants to run so far from everything he knows that, once at a certain distance, he'll have forgotten enough to know peace again.