Chapter 10: Twilight

That very Halloween night, decorated with pumpkins and lightning in the skies as usual, the 4 Houses were feasting on their Autumn treats with pies, cakes, biscuits, and bread. At the Ravenclaw table, Esau noticed Louis, went missing and asked his classmate "Vera, where's Louis?" "I don't know where your cousin went. Maybe he's in the bathroom," shrugged Vera Biggs. The 4 Houses noticed that Professor Grimm wasn't at the table with the teaching staff. With Albus, he asked Scorpion "Scorpion, where is Professor Grimm?" "I don't know. It's strange that the headmaster isn't at the table" whispered Scorpion. Then the Headmaster Grimm arrived while panting and spoke "I apologize for interrupting your feasting, but we have to stop the feast. Everyone must go back to their rooms now." Everyone was agitated but followed what the headmaster had said. Rose looked over at Esau who looked down as he walked, and she walked back to her common room. She sat down near the fire as she thought about what was happening in Hogwarts and where her other cousins were even her own brother. As she continued to hear her thoughts, she felt a slight tap by her shoulder which startled her a bit as she slowly looked up and saw Dominique. She said, "Hi Rose, what are you doing alone by the fire?" As she sat down by her side, Rose told her "Oh I am just trying to keep myself warm and thinking about where the others are. What about you, Dominique away from your common room? What are you doing here?" She gave a small smile to her cousin as she saw her looking weirdly to the sky as she told her "I am just waiting around here and stuff as I try to keep myself awake" She looked at Rose as Rose asked her "Who are you waiting for Dominique?" Dominique was startled a bit as she blushed with light pink on her face as she said "No one. " Rose gave a cheeky grin to Dominique as she punched her shoulder lightly as she told her "You look tired, you should try to get some sleep Rose" Rose yawned as she said, "Fine but you tell the person you are waiting for that I said hi" Rose went up as a pillow was thrown at her back but did not hit her. Rose went to her dormitory and cleaned herself before she was about to sleep until she saw an owl at her window. As she went to it, the owl dropped a letter in her hand and flew away. She sat on her bed as she opened the letter and read.

Dear Rose,

This is Selene and if you are thinking this is a prank, well it's not. I think this is about your nightmare. I know that I am not supposed to know about it, but Calista told me since she got worried. I snuck out a while ago to check on Esau and I think he did the same thing but to check who were the victims and it's Fred, James, Deu, and Anisa all lying on the floor. The teachers didn't know what to do since Madame Pomfrey said that they were alive, but they were in a coma. Headmistress McGonagall was so cool as she told everyone what to do and Headmaster Grimm was totally silent. The teachers are all going to start their search for a cure for all of them. I know we are not supposed to butt in with the problem but that's our siblings that are sleeping right now and we have to do something about it. I hope this gets to you soon since I do not own the owl but go to me when you have time.

From you cousin, Selene Riddle

After Rose read the letter, she was terrified to hear that half of her cousins are in a coma. It was like the fairytale that she kept on reading about. She covered her face with her pillow as she couldn't believe that the fairytale is not a fairytale anymore but a real story that will change everything.