Chapter 32: A shy stranger

Começar do início

She didn't know why but it made her giggle when his eyes were glued to the food, not taking his eyes off of it one bit. He was like the shy kitty she used to have in her previous life. The orange haired leopard made her remember the shy kitty she kept and cherished during her adult life.

Maxine instantly smiles when seeing his surprised face.

She saw his mouth literally drool when smelling the fragrant beef and chicken inside. It was just too cute for her to see!

" Here eat up, it's yours" She said, fondly smiling when pushing it further to him.

The leopard looked bewildered when the female handed him food. Does she not realize what this meant? It was a sign or courtship between orcs. When the leopard was about to talk she interrupted answering his question that he was about to ask.

She quickly denied it being a courtship between them. She told him it was a simple gesture out of kindness.

The leopard's ears drooped down when he thought of something. He then reluctantly pushed the box away from him, refusing her offer. He knew that once he accepts the female in front of will take advantage. Using him for her own purpose.

No female in his lifetime has ever been this nice, he knew that it was a sham on the outside. In getting something in return for her good deeds.

Females would usually play innocent, acting like an angel. When they achieve their goals their true colors start to form on the outside revealing their nasty personality. Everything was the same for him. Every orc who came to him wanted to benefit off of him, whether it was power or fame they were all the same.

They all wanted to use him for their own gain. He hated life, always thinking why was he even born. What's the point of survival, what's the point of his life when he was just a stepping stool for others.

He was created out of convenience just for his mother's gain in getting power. Everyday felt like a fighting battle.

The leopard was soon interrupted by the female who sighed as she stood up.

"You don't have to owe me anything. I am only doing this out of kindness, next time make sure to eat and sleep well"

Her sudden pat on his head made the leopard beastman alarmed by the sudden action, making him rendering stiff.

" How do I repay you?" The leopard sternly spoke with a blank expression.

" Let's be buddies then"

"Buddies?" He questioned, raising a brow by the female's words.

The orange haired male didn't understand what she meant by "buddies". She then further explained to him what buddies were. In short they were like friends.

"As you might know Camel top valley got destroyed last week. I am only staying here in the meantime when everything is rebuilt again. I don't really have that many friends to talk to. But It's nice to hang out with new people. This is not a courtship or anything I just want a new friend to talk to '' Maxine said, smiling while rubbing her hair awkwardly.

" The females here keep avoiding me like I'm sort of a sack of potatoes.." Maxine murmured in a low tone.

She played with her fingers bopping 👉👈 them together in complete silence. She was a little nervous about what he was about to say to her.

" Limited time buddies until I move back home, what do you say?" She said with sparkling eyes.

The orange haired male nodded to her agreement.

Her idea was nothing harmless to him. There were no tied promises between them. They had to only hangout and talk like friends during her stay in the leopard castle before she returns to camel hump valley. She assured him that them having buddy hangouts was not urgent, just if coming he is available.

But to him, the orange haired leopard was still unsure of her intentions, he couldn't trust her yet.

Maxine's pink eyes sparkled. She jumped in joy screaming in excitement to have made a new friend! Her wish in making lots of friends in the beast city has now started with three new friends to her list!

It was such an exciting day for her. That it almost made her forget about all the embarrassing things that happened today.

" See you later buddy! Let's meet again"

(Anime: Maid sama!)

"Bye bye!" Maxine waved with a cheeky smile.

Soon she left waving to the orange haired male goodbye.

But not before shouting in the distance. "HEYYY, make sure to eat the food! Your body needs it and also make sure to sleep well!"

"I don't want you fainting again!" Maxine nagged to him while running back. She couldn't wait to tell Sebby and Ray all about her new friend she made!

The orange haired male stood there in a daze. But that's when his lips curved a little, staring at the female who started running.

A low chuckle crack up within him when seeing her panicked face. It made his cheeks flush a little red that revealed a faint smile on his face.

He knew he couldn't trust her just yet and he was still suspicious about her. Although curiosity filled inside him, he wanted to know more about this strange female. He had to wait and see what she did next.

"Leopard king!" A beastmen said, bowing down to the orange haired male that had stunning golden eyes glimmering like the sun.

"Yes?" Caius questioned.