Chapter 32: A shy stranger

Start from the beginning

" Excuse me, do you know who's left this?" I said pointing at the bloody fur on the ground.

I didn't want to pick it up as it looked pretty sus to me. Who knows where that could have been. I didn't want to take a chance. Once again the orange haired did not say anything, only looking in the opposite direction.

"Eh, not much of a talker. It's alright you don't have to talk if you don't want to."

When our eyes suddenly met right in the corner of his eyes. The atmosphere became awkward between us once he stared deeply into my eyes. It was like he was playing a staring competition, he never once blinked one bit when staring at me. Just the way his ears and tail go up means that he is focused.

Is my eyes deceiving me or does his face look pale? But to my surprise the orange haired turned pale and he then suddenly fainted.

"Huh?!"

He almost landed on the ground but thanks to my quick move I caught him just in time. It took me a couple of minutes placing him gently down on the ground.

I froze not knowing what to do in this situation! I now have a pale leopard male in the ground.

Just what in the heck happened to him?!

I quickly checked his pulse and he seems to be fine. Judging by his body it seems like he didn't get enough nutrients and sleep. I heard his stomach loudly grumble while his eyes were shut tight.

I felt bad leaving him here so I instead watched him on the side waiting for him to wake up. I tried carrying him to the castle but he was too heavy! The long trail to the leopard castle was slightly far.

It soon turned to sunset and he was still sleeping soundly. I heard his quiet murmurs and whimpers in the air. I soothe his whimpering by gently patting his head to calm him down a little.

***
3rd POV

During her wait she saw that his wounds were open and it would be troublesome if it got infected. Maxine didn't want that to happen so she bandaged all his wounds that were visible while he was sleeping. She waited for what felt like an hour or so. Until she heard a light groan.

There Maxine saw his eyes open revealing his golden eyes once again but now under the sunset. He yawned looking around after that he went full panic mode when he saw where he was.

" It's alright don't panic, I was with you while you were unconscious." Maxine said squatting to his level at a minimum distance.

He looked at me in disbelief. It was like he didn't have anything to say. The atmosphere between the two was silent, the only thing Maxine heard was the wind blowing and birds chirping.

" Don't worry, I didn't do anything to you. I only bandaged your wounds it might get an infection if not cleaned well"

" Are you okay? You fainted an hour ago. Make sure to eat well and get enough sleep so you don't faint again"

"Make sure to get enough sleep next time and eat well too, " she said.

The leopard only looked at her with distant eyes. Nodding in response to my words.

Maxine sighed, rubbing her forehead as it reminded her of someone familiar back in the day.

"Here, eat this! "

Maxine pushed a wooden square box over to him that was filled with food from earlier. He scowled when the box came near him.

Thinking that it might be something dangerous but to his surprise when she opened the lid off the square box. It revealed the delicious food that lingered into his nose that made him drool a little. The sweet and savory smell of the sauce covered the chicken while the beef was marinated and stir fried with veggies.