Chapter 9. Forgiveness

Começar do início

"Becca, I'm so sorry. Nobody will ever be able to replace her, or feel the pain you and your family feel at her loss. Just from what you've told me, it sounds like she was a wonderful lady." Ali said

"She was one of the best." Rebecca said as she and Ali walked into the classroom and saw the Cobra Kais sitting in the back. One thing she noticed, they all had dark circles and bags under their eyes. "I'll speak to them at lunch. I just want to sit with you for now, if that's all right."

"Of course." Ali said and took a seat next to her best friend

Once the bell rang, the teacher, Mrs. Taylor walked in, and sat down at her desk to take daily attendance, then walked to the chalk board to begin the lesson. She was old school, and was set in her ways. Rebecca and Ali liked her a lot, and they were what you considered to be teacher's pets, as they were the only two in the class who actually listened and did their work.

During the lesson, the Cobra Kais kept throwing paper balls at the kids in the chess club, making Rebecca and Ali both roll their eyes.

"So, you think I should still forgive them?" Rebecca whispered to her best friend as she continued taking notes

Ali looked back to see Johnny flicking a nerd on the ear and rolled her eyes, then turned to her best friend, and whispered, "I mean, yeah. They wouldn't do that stupid shit. Well, maybe they would. I don't know."

Having enough, Mrs. Taylor stood up and looked at the Cobra Kais and pointed her finger at them and firmly said, "Let me tell you five something. If I see one more paper ball fly across my classroom, or I see you guys flick another classmate on the ear again, all five of you can go to the principal's office. Do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am." Bobby said as he leaned back in his chair and kept his eyes on Rebecca, who kept her gaze on the chalk board, and kept taking notes.

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

When lunch rolled around, Rebecca was in line with Ali, Susan, and Barbara and paid for her lunch, when the four girls walked into the lunch room. As she was walking to their table, she was met with the beautiful blue eyes of Bobby, and the butterflies returned.

"You really should talk to them." Ali encouraged with a smile. "They're being too quiet. Especially after that incident in Government."

"What happened in Government?" Susan asked as they walked to their table

"They were throwing paper balls and flicking the ears of the kids on the debate team." Rebecca said as she rolled her eyes at the thought

"You know they're doing that just to get your attention." Barbara said

"Yeah, well." Rebecca said.

"Becca, I know they can be a bit much, I know what they did was wrong. But, from the looks of it, they really are miserable. Just air things out with them." Ali said.

After taking a second look at the Cobra Kai table, Rebecca decided to take her best friend's advice and talk to them. Ali, Susan, and Barbara sat down, while Rebecca looked back at them and they gave her an encouraging nod.

"Hey." Rebecca said and they looked up at her and their frowns turned into soft smiles. Looking at her, she looked beautiful the way she was dressed, hell, to them, she was beautiful period.

"Hi." Bobby softly said

"You five look like hell." Rebecca said. "Have you been sleeping?"

"Not very well no." Tommy said

"I think we need to talk. It's a nice day out." Rebecca said. "Would y'all like to join me in the courtyard?"

They smiled nodded and grabbed their lunch trays, following Rebecca to the courtyard where they sat down. Bobby sat on one side of her, and Johnny sat on the other side. Dutch, Tommy, and Jimmy sat down the across from them.

Swallowing thickly, and tamping down the lump in her throat, Rebecca spoke. "Look, I never should have yelled at you guys like I did. I should have just spoke calmly instead of just yelling and cursing. Especially for cursing at you Tommy. You only asked me a question, and I nearly bit your head off."

"Rebecca, you have nothing to apologize for. We were in the wrong. In fact we broke a promise. We're really sorry." Tommy said

"I never meant that you're a loser. You're not. You're far from it. I'm really sorry." Johnny apologized as he pulled Rebecca in for a tight hug.

"I forgive you." Rebecca smiled as she returned his embrace then pulled away. "I'm sorry for calling you all assholes."

"It's okay. We are assholes. We never should have been assholes to you. You've always been nice to us." Johnny said. "We'll never treat you that way again."

"Never." They all said in unison. "We're sorry."

"Well, like I said, I try to treat everyone the same. My mom was the same way. You never know what someone is going through." Rebecca said. "But I missed you guys."

"You said your mom was the same way? As in past tense?" Jimmy asked

"She passed away a year ago." Rebecca said

"Rebecca, I'm—" Jimmy started

Rebecca really didn't want to hear the I'm sorry for your loss. It's still a sore spot. "It's okay, you guys don't have to say anything. She was just my favorite person in the world. Anyway, how's your karate training?"

"Good, there's a karate tournament on December 19th. If you're not doing anything would you like to go?" Tommy said

"Of course. I'm pretty sure my dad will have to work that day anyway, so it should be fine." Rebecca smiled

After lunch ended, Bobby helped Rebecca up, and took her empty lunch tray, along with his, and urged her to wait a minute. He ran to the trash and back again. Taking her away from the group, he walked her to her locker. "Bec, I'm so sorry." he apologized

Giving him a quizzical look, Rebecca gently spoke. "For what?"

Locking his eyes with her's, Bobby answered her question. "For hurting you. I never meant it. Please forgive me, only I don't think I can forgive myself."

Then, Bobby grabbed her tiny hand and played with her fingers. Realizing her hand is so small, compared to his, he decided he likes it. Her hand fits perfectly in his, and it was like it was made for him to hold.

Rebecca's tininess, compared to him, made him feel protective, and he loves feeling that way. Looking into his beautiful ocean blues, her beautiful face glowed, and he admired that about her.

"Bobby, it's okay. I forgive you." Rebecca smiled. "I've missed you something awful."

"I've missed you more." Bobby smiled

Bobby pulled her into a hug, and she felt like she was going to melt, as did he. He could smell her hair, which was sweetly scented, just like her.

Bobby whispered into her ear, "Come to Golf N' Stuff with me? Just the two of us, for a date." he was clinging to the hope that she would.

Rebecca pulled back, but kept her hands on his biceps. "I would love to." she smiled

"Great. What time do you want me to pick you up?" Bobby asked

" 7?" Rebecca asked

"I'll be there." Bobby smiled