Chapter Seven

I left Loki at Stark Tower a week ago.

I feel sad inside.

My mother won't talk to me. She didn't understand how I could let that "horrible man" affect me so much.

But there was something about him that made my heart pound, no matter what his past consisted of.

I fold the plastic over yet another order of red roses. It's near Valentine's Day, and already most of the snow has melted. Outside the window is a soaked, gloomy, and overcast world.

Is it possible to relate to the weather?

"Get out of my floral shop!" My mother screams suddenly. I quickly rush out to the front, holding a broom in my hand as defense. But when I see the enemy, I quickly drop the broom and practically squeal with joy.

"Thor!" I greet, throwing my arms around his meaty neck.

"Hello, Olivia." He smiles half-heartedly.

"What's the matter?" I ask right away. He glances behind me to my fuming mother and leans close to whisper in my ear.

"Will you talk to me outside?" I nod in agreement. I follow him out the door and stand outside the window. My mother, I notice, loses interest and retreats to the back again.

"Okay?" I cross my arms.

"Someone has requested that you accompany me back to Asgard." He grins. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Who? Why?" I say, because I seriously have no idea. Who the heck would want to see me on his home planet?

"None of that matters, Olivia." He waves his hand in dismissal, and I huff in annoyance.

"When are we leaving, then?" I uncross my arms and stick my fingers in my pockets.

"Now." Then he puts his arm around my waist.

"Wait!" I yell.

"What?" He groans.

"What about...... My dog?" I decide.

"Your dog will be fine, Olivia. Now, be prepared."

"Prepared for-" and then the breath is taken out of me. Literally. It's ripped from my lungs.

Colorful light dances in my vision, millions of stars twinkle, and something resembling wind forces my mouth agape and my hair to fly behind my head.

And then, I slam down onto a metal floor, barely landing on my feet.

"What the-" my gaze lands on a large man with weirdly shaded eyes and a sword.

"Welcome to Asgard." He responds.

"T-thanks." I stutter. I turn around to find Thor, easily meeting his strides as he walks past.

"Who's that?" I whisper. The man with the eyes smirks.

"I am Heimdall, fair Olivia. Watcher of Worlds." He answers, causing Thor to laugh. We keep walking towards a doorway, and then, I see it.

Asgard.

The sun shines over the golden buildings that pierce the sky. Blooms of flowers in all colors are everywhere. And, I'm standing on a bridge that is so many colors, and at the same time, it is only one.

"It's beautiful." I mumble, and I truly mean it. Thor nods.

"I grew up here, and I still find myself wondering about the surreality of it."

I can't take the place in. It's impossible.

This is where Loki grew up, says a little voice in the back of my mind.